Banana FrittersPublished Mar 14, 2004
- 3 bananas
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 grated nutmeg
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Crush bananas till they are creamed.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and nutmeg.
- Add milk and bananas then mix.
- Dip a large spoon in oil and spoon scoop batter into frying pan.
- Deep fry in a frying pan till brown and crisp on the edges.
- Drain on paper towel and serve
11 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
Haha, i felt so shame looking at this, my nan has been tryna teach me forever to make our homeland foods. i think now i shall get up when she asks me to help and carey alot of things are disgusting to make but delicious to eat so shut up your mouth bredrin ! thanks :|
Carey, you most have done something incorrect with the recipe because I made it and my kids and I loved it. Try doing it again.
Made these fritters for breakfast and found the batter to be too runny. I ended up using less than 1/3 cup of milk and doubled the flour and got a reasonable fritter. Also as the batter has sugar in it, the fritters have a very dark colour when cooked through so would recommend using a teaspoon instead of tablespoon to make smaller fritters.
Positively wrong, my mother is Jamaican, not only did these blasted fritters stick to the pan, one of em popped grease in my eye! No milk, and at least one egg to boot.