Boiled BananaPublished Mar 15, 2010
- 3 fingers of green bananas
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups water
- 1/2cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt sugar to taste nutmeg [vanilla optional]
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Wash,peal and grate bananas
- Add flour and salt to grated bananas and mix well.
- Beat mixture with fork while adding water until smooth.
- Sweeten to taste and add nutmeg and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into boiling water, stirring constantly to prevent lumping, stir until mixture thickens.
- Continue cooking, and milk ,and let it simmer over low heat .
- Cook for about 30 mins. 8. Add sugar to taste and spices.
4 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
Boiled green bananas is a carbohydrate dish, it has a great source of iron and good carbohydrate, if prepared properly, by chosing he correct geen bananas, it is a delicious dish. Boiled green banas can be served with any protein you wish. ENJOY.
This recipe is for banana porridge. Real boiled green bananas are peeled and added to boiling salted water and cooked for 10-15 mins. Then eaten with some meat or vegetable dish. From a true Yaadie.