Boiled Cassava Flour DumplingsPublished Nov 28, 2011
- 2 Cassava cups flour (at the end of the recipe are instructions on how to make cassava flour)
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cold water
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Sift the Cassava flour,cornmeal, and salt together into a large mixing bowl. Add the water 3 teaspoons at a time, just enough to bring the dough together with a firm consistency.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough well, for about five minutes.
- Boil a pot with water
- Break off pieces and form the dough into slightly flattened biscuits, about 2 inches across. For spinners roll the pieces between your palms into a pen shape.
- Place the pieces, uncrowded, into the pot of hot water --(Approx 5 -8 minutes)
- Serve hot with other food (Serves 6-8)
- 4 lbs. Cassava root
- Wash the fresh cassava roots
- Peel the cassava roots
- Wash the peeled roots.
- Chop the roots into small pieces
- Sun-dry the small cassava pieces two or three days
- Use a wooden mortar to beat the pieces to powder or use a mini food mill
- Sieve the flour through mesh sieve. Package the cassava flour in Ziploc plastic bags.
- It can be packaged and stored for 6 months