Scotch Bonnet Sauce RecipePublished Dec 31, 2012
The Jamaican Scotch bonnet is perhaps the world's hottest pepper (chile). It is not only hot but has a distinct flavor that accents your food. If you are a fan of hot sauces this recipe is for you.
- 10 Scotch Bonnet peppers
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon (packed) brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Wearing gloves finely dice the Scotch Bonnet Pepper on a cutting board. Include the pepper seeds.
- Place all the ingredients in bowl and stir together (standing a distance so the fumes do not irritate your eyes)
- Set aside for a few hours before serving