Bread PuddingPublished Feb 28, 2009
- 1 lb day-old white bread (preferable hardo bread)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups whole milk
- 5 eggs (beaten well)
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with butter.
- Line the baking dish with wax paper
- Remove the crust from the bread
- Break up the bread into small portions.
- Combine the bread, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, rum, raisins, and melted butter in a mixing bowl.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Mix the condensed milk, eggs and whole milk
- Pour this over the bread mixture in the baking dish.
- Place the oven
- Bake for 1¼ hours. You can test if it is baked by inserting a small knife in the middle until it comes out clean.
erve warm or cool.
- Best served with Ice cream or whipped cream.
- Serves 6 to 8
12 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
Am a Belizean and we do make bread pudding and although the basic is the same, we make it differently.
I never paid attention when my mom made this, I just loved the eating part...:P...so not that I live soo far away it's nice to be able to find this online...simple and quick...love it!
had this at bakery in montigo bay it was simple the best so gonna try this at home have my jamaican rum from mum thanks mum hope it comes out the same
I love this website: it is a great way for me to keep connected with the traditional food preparation. Keep up the good work
Try using coconut milk instead of regular milk and prepare the bread mixture overnight, leaving it in the fridge to soak. Then bake it the next day. That is amazing!
This recipe is creates a delicious bread pudding. All you have to do is follow the instructions and you will have an A-1 bread pudding.
Hi, It's the first time making Bread Pudding and i'm Jamaican. Most people use eggs and some don't?, my question are eggs important.