Sweet Cassava PuddingPublished Oct 24, 2006
- 2 medium sweet cassava
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 whole grated nutmeg or 2 teaspoons
- 3 oz. Margarine
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup raisin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup warm water
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and grate cassava with a fine grater
- Combine the cassava, coconut milk, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and mix
- Combine this and the rest of the ingredients with the beaten eggs and mix.
- Slowly add the ½ cup of warm water and stir well
- Bake in greased baking tin for once over or bake for 50 minutes. It is baked when you insert a knife and it comes out clean.
- Serve warm with additional golden sauce (see recipe below) or caramel spooned over individual servings.
3 teaspoon butter
½ cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream 1
- Combine butter and sugar in a medium pan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the butter is melted.
- Add cream and stir in cream
- Bring to a boil while stirring.
- Stir uncovered until the sauce has thicken
- Serve with pudding or refrigerate.
- If refrigerated reheat when serving
1 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
This recipe was easy to make and turned out perfectly after cooking for 40-45 minutes. Not too sweet but if you want more sweetness then you gotta use the sauce. The only problem I had with the sauce is that it wouldn't thicken up as I expected. Maybe I did something wrong. But once it cools in the fridge, it's a thicker consistency and worked great.