Coconut breadPublished Aug 1, 2002
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat milk, egg, oil and vanilla extract together until well blended.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ones and stir to blend. Do not over-mix. Pour batter into a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then invert the bread onto a cake rack to cool completely. Make 10 to 12 servings.
3 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.