Jamaican Grater CakePublished Sep 17, 2012
Do you like sweet treats? This recipe is for you. Grater cake is one is a traditional Jamaican sweet treats made mainly from coconut and sugar. It is easy to make and a great treat to serve as a desert at parties. Enjoy our Jamaican Grater cake recipe.
- 2 cups grated coconut (white parts only)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ Teaspoon Peppermint Essence
- Red or Pink Food colouring
- Combine and cook the coconut, water and granulated sugar in a thick saucepan.
- Boil the ingredients until the grated coconut is soft. Make sure that the mixture is sticky to hold together.
- Add the Peppermint Essence.
- Stir vigorously for a minute.
- Using a large spoon place heaps of the mixture on greased sheets. (You may also use a square backing pan and then cut up the dried coconut cake)
- Leave some of the mixture in the sauce pan and colour with the food colouring.
- Please the coloured mixture as small heaps on top of the bigger heaps on the greased sheets. Allow to cool and server.