Hard Dough BreadPublished Mar 14, 2004
- 6 cups bread flour
- 1 pack yeast (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pt warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 ozs shortening
- Milk or egg white for glazing
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Pour flour in warm bowl.
- Add shortening to flour & cut in with knife.
- Add yeast, sugar, and salt
- Add warm water
- Knead until soft and roll out
- Put in a warm place to rise approx. twice in size.
- Glaze with milk or egg white.
- Bake at 350F until done.
2 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
@ Leoyne this can be used in a bread making it depends on the size you want it there is 1.5ib or 2lb just add 4 cups of flour for the 1.5 and keep the 6 cups for the 2lb.
Thank you fr this recipe, I will try it tonight will let you know how it turns out....Bless