Jamaican Egg Custard RecipePublished Jun 3, 2013
Do you remember having egg custard? This is a classic Jamaican desert after dinner or at dinner parties. Egg custard could be served any time of day. It is easy to make with a short prep time. Here is our Jamaican Egg Custard recipe.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Beat the eggs In a large bowl,.
- Add the sugar and salt to the bowl
- Stir until the sugar and salt dissolve
- Add the milk, vanilla and nutmeg. Stir
- Strain the mixture
- Pour it into a casserole dish
- Place the casserole dish in a large roasting pan.
- Fill the pan with water to reach about 1 inch from the top of the casserole dish.
- Place in the oven and bake the custards for about 35 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the roasting pan waterbath when cool enough to handle.
- Serve the custard warm, at room temperature or chilled.