Cabbage SaladPublished Dec 31, 2008
- 1 Green cabbage
- 4 medium Carrot
- 6 Stalks Celery
- 1 Cucumber
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Vinegar
- ½ Cup Oil
- 1 Cup boiling water
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Slice cabbage into thin strips
- Slice carrot into thin slices
- Slice celery in to thin strips crossway
- Slice cucumber into thin strips
- Place all ingredients in to a container
- Pour the boiling water in the container
- Cover the container for 20 minutes
- Drain the liquid
- Serve at room temperature
6 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
Hi! Thanks for the reminder of a childhood recipe. The one thing I would add is that we wouldn't put celery in it in Jamaica. Celery sticks are used in traditional Jamaican cooking. Apart from that, great!