Jamaican Curry Flavored Baked Chicken RecipePublished Mar 1, 2002
A chicken basted with a buttery curry mixture before and during baking. There's nothing better!
- Two 3-3 1/2 LB chickens jointed & seasoned to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 oz. butter melted
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- Pinch of ground ginger, salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Combine melted butter, curry powder, ginger, salt & paprika.
- Set chicken in shallow roasting pan, top sides down & thoroughly baste on both sides with combined butter curry, etc.
- Then bake at 375 degrees F. for about 20 mins, basting often with the sauce.
- Turn all pieces of chicken to continue baking for a further 20 mins.
- Pour off sauce from roasting pan place in a small saucepan & slice an onion & add to sauce, then place over low flame to simmer gently.
- Set chicken on grill to brown to a nice rich color, spooning some of the sauce over it from time to time.
- Pour rest of sauce over the chicken & serve at once.
- Makes 4-6 servings