Curry ChickenPublished Mar 14, 2004
Jamaican Curry Chicken is rich, spicy and hearty with great flavor. Jamaican Curry Chicken is one of the favorite dishes of Jamaicans. If you are looking for the real Jamaican-style curry chicken try our easy-to-follow recipe.
- 3lbs chicken
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 medium onion, 5 sprigs thyme, 5 cloves crushed garlic, 2 scotch bonnet pepper, 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- 2 teaspoons salt to taste
- lemon or lime juice
- 1 small diced potato (optional)
- 1 cup water
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Clean, skin,and cut chicken in small pieces,then wash with lime or lemon juice
- Drain, season with curry, onion, thyme, garlic, all spice (pimento), black peppers, salt and let marinate for awhile. TIP: Set aside onion, thyme, garlic and all spice for a 2nd seasoning while cooking.
- In a skillet pour about 3 tablespoon of oil. Let oil heat.
- Add the chicken & seasoning
- Lightly brown the chicken & seasoning for 5-7 minutes in the skillet
- Add water and scotch bonnet pepper. Let cook for 25 minutes or until done. TIP: Add the second seasoning 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Serve over white rice
4 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.