Fricassee Chicken aka Brown Stew Chicken - Jamaican RecipesPublished Mar 14, 2004
This Traditional Jamaican dish has roots from Africa and Europe. It is a favorite by Jamaicans because of the "gravy".
- 1 chicken (2.5 - 3lbs)
- Onions and or escallion
- Country pepper or black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Soy sauce
- Cooking oil
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Clean chicken, wash whole in lime water if desired.
- Cut into serving pieces, season to taste.
- Remove seasoning from serving pieces, fry pieces of chicken in shallow fat until golden brown, but not burnt. Pour off excess fat leaving small quantity in frying pan or Dutch pot.
- Place browned pieces in pan or Dutch pot. Add seasoning and small quantity of water. Cover and cook slowly until chicken is tender, but not overdone.
- Serve with side dishes
2 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
All your recipes are written very poorly and do not state the exact quantities of the ingredients that are required to fulfill the dish very poor website!