Jerk Chicken Tacos with Mango SalsaPublished Mar 28, 2011
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons Jerk Seasoning/Sauce/Paste (We recommend Jamaican brands Jerk Seasoning, Sauces/paste - Walkerwood, Jamaica Country Style etc)
- 3 shredded cups cheddar cheese,
- 12 taco shells
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 small red bell peppers (diced)
- 1 small red onion diced red onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (de-seeded and minced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Rub each breast half with jerk sauce/paste, and place in a shallow dish.
- Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Cook chicken on a low fire on the barbeque grill.
- Mango Salsa Sauce: Combine mango, red bell peppers, onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro leaves and lime juice. Put in the refrigerator and chill.
- Warm up the shells.
- Once the chicken is cooked dice them into thin slices
- Layer the 12 tacos in this order: cheese, Jerk chicken (Optional: Add more Jerk Sauce), Mango Salsa.
- Optional: Garnish with shredded lettuceServing size 6-8
5 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
I like that recipe, very unusual. I found some other great recipes at this jamaican cooking site. But I'm definitely going to be trying this one out. Probably on my birthday :)
Liked it a lot, but I left out the cheese and lettuce because I didn't think it went with the chicken and salsa.