Yellow Yam RissolesPublished Apr 30, 2005
- 1 lb Yellow Yam
- 1lb Cooked Chicken
- 4 oz Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- 2 Eggs
- ½ pint cooking oil
- Sautee chicken.
- Boil yam until soft
- Mince cooked chicken finely and crush into boiled yam
- Combine chicken mixture, 2oz bread crumbs, seasoning, lemon juice and one egg.
- Beat well until smooth and stiff.
- Divide mixture into equal portions and make into a sausage shape.
- Beat egg.
- Dip mixture into egg and then into the remaining bread crumbs.
- Fry in cooking oil until brown.
- Garnish with parsley.