Callaloo and SaltfishPublished Jun 27, 2007
- 1 lb. callaloo
- 1/2 lb. Saltfish (codfish)
- 1 sprig tyme
- 1 crushed garlic or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon margarine or vegetable oil
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 medium chopped onion
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash callaloo leaves
- Cut up callaloo leaves in pieces.
- Sauté saltfish, onion, garlic, pepper, tyme in margarine or oil
- Add cut up callaloo leaves, water and stir.
- Cover saucepan and cook callalloo are tender.
- Add whole scotch bonnet pepper
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Simmer then serve with avocado pear, boil banana and/or fried dumplings.
2 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
This was a Saturday morning Favorite that my dad would make (God rest his beautiful soul). Salt fish and Ackee was my favorite but when Ackee became to expensive my dad switched to callaloo. I'm gonna attempt to make it today. Wish me well!