Jerk LobsterPublished Mar 14, 2004
Broiled lobster smothered in the flavors of Jamaica straight from your own oven. Hot peppers, citrusy lemon/lime, and buttery lobster tails bring that happy Jamaican feeling to your kitchen, wherever you live!
- 4 lobster tails
- 2 tsp. Jerk Seasoning
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 whole scallions
- 2 tsps. lemon/lime juice
- ½ tsp. of Jamaica Pickapeppa sauce or 3 drops of Jamaican hot pepper sauce (optional)
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Thinly slice the scallions.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet.
- Lightly sauté the scallions until it is golden.
- Add the 3 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Add ½ teaspoon of Jamaica Pickapeppa sauce or 3 drops of Jamaican hot pepper sauce (optional depending on your taste).
- Let it simmer for about 1 min. then set aside.
- Remove the membrane from the lobster tails.
- Use a sharp knife to split the lobster tail in half (length).
- Use a brush to put the butter sauce on each tail.
- Using the same brush spread the Jerk sauce over the tails especially on the exposed meat. Put your oven setting to broil.
- Put the lobster tails in oven on the meat side for 4 minutes, turn and then cook the shell side for 2 minutes.
- If you want a more smoked taste, you should cook the lobster tails for 2 minutes on each side in the oven, then place on a barbeque grill for 3 minutes. You may need to add more Jerk sauce if you put it on the barbeque grill.
- Serve with Jamaican Festival and/or Bammy. You can also serve with Jamaican hardo bread.