Jamaican Jerk Hot DogPublished May 23, 2011
Summer is here and it’s time to fire up barbeque grill. If hot dog is one of you favorites on the grill we have a recipe for you. We take an old time favorite and "Jamaicanize" it. Try our Jamaican Jerk Hot Dog recipe.
- ½ tsp of vegetable oil
- 6 beef of pork sausages from a 12-ounce package
- ¼ cup of Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 6 Hot dog rolls
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapples
- 1 ounce unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/8 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup red onions finely diced
- Place the jerk sauce and sausages in a zip-lock bag and marinade at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Prepare your grill for direct medium high heat. (Jump to Step 6 which can be done simultaneously)
- Use a brush to coat the grill with vegetable oil a couple minutes before putting on the sausages.
- Place the sausages on the grill. Turn the hot dogs a quarter turn and grill for 8-10 minutes.
- Cover the grill in between turnings to help with the cooking and allow it to be “Jerked” with the smoke.
- In a saucepan, combine the unsweetened pineapple juice and brown sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring so the brown sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- After the syrup has cooled slightly and thickened, add the fresh diced pineapples. Stir.
- Place sausages in hot dog bun. Sprinkle the red onions into the hot dog slits.
- Spoon the pineapple-syrup mixture into the hot dog slits.
- Add ketchup and mustard into the hot dog slits and serve
2 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.