Jerk PorkPublished Mar 14, 2004
Pork shoulder marinated in Jerk Sauce and cooked to perfection. Best when grilled over branches of pimento (allspice) wood, but tasty even when cooked over charcoal.
- Jerk Sauce - Buy Now or Make your own
- 5 lb Pork Shoulder (cut up)
- Pimento (all spice) branches or aromatic wood
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Rub the meat with the sauce.
- If using a pork shoulder, make shallow cuts and rub in.
- Marinate overnight.
- Grill at lowest possible setting over a low fire until done.
- Pimento (all spice) branches (this is what is used in Jamaica) mixed with charcoal is best.
- If not try to use an aromatic wood in the barbecue grill to enhance the flavor.
- Chop meat into pieces, and serve traditionally with hard-dough bread
2 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.