Easter BunPublished Apr 1, 2003
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon browning
- 1/2 pint milk
- 2 tablespoon melted margarine
- raisins and mixed peel (amount based on your taste)
- 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Measure all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into bun shaped baking pans and bake in a moderate 350F until done well.
- Glaze with Sugar and water or pancake syrup and serve.
6 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
The recipe is almost the same as my grandmother's own except she uses yeast as a rising agent and uses as much flour as needed to form a non sticky ball of dough. She also used diluted molasses and water as a glaze.
I agree with Ayad´s comment, it familiar to me, because on the Caribbean Coast of Nicaragua that´s the way the Black/Creol community prepared it during this season. I like it! Happy Easter.
love your sight i somtimes caters for friends a jamaican with american born children that love their culture ,its great getting on here .thank you