Beef SoupPublished Mar 14, 2004
- 2 qt. water
- 1 lb. soup bones or stewing steak
- 1/2 lb. carrots, cubed
- 1/4 lb. turnips, cubed
- 1 lb. pumpkin, cut up
- 1/2 lb. cho cho, cut up
- 1 lb. yellow yam, cut up
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 stalks escallion
- 1 tablespoon salt
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Boil soup bones in 2 qts. water (about 30 minutes in pressure cooker).
- Cut up vegetables, yam and cho cho and add with seasonings to soup.
- Dumplings may be added if desired.
- Once it starts to boil, simmer uncovered until yam is cooked and soup is of a medium consistency.
- Serves 6
2 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
I really love cooking, Well I really have to say that these ingredients are the basics for a beef soup. I think form here you will need to twist a little and experiment on something that will create a new edge.
Brenda from plaid canapé