Manish WaterPublished Mar 14, 2004
A hearty Jamaican soup made with a goat's head. Best cooked in a pressure cooker. Said to be an aphrodisiac, which may explain its name.
- Chopped up goat head
- Garlic,escallion.thyme,pimento seed, salt to taste
- Whole green pepper,black pepper,
- 1pk. Chicken Noodle
- 3-6 green bananas
- ½ lbs.Yam
- 3 small Irish Potato
- Flour for dumpling
- 2 chochos (optional)
- 1 Whole Scotch Bonnet Pepper
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Wash chopped goat head
- Put in a large pot (pressure cooker best) with enough water to cover the meet
- Add 3 teaspoons salt, 8-10 seeds of pimento and let cook and 5 crushed garlic cloves
- Cook on a medium/high stove till meat tender
- Add more water and and also 1pk. Chicken Noodle
- Peel and cut up potatos and chochos and add
- Peel Green bananas (or cut off the top and bottom and slit in skin)
- Add Peel and add Yam when bananas almost cooked.
- When almost done black pepper,thyme,couple pimento seed,escallion, whole Scotch Bonnet Pepper (do not let it burst open) and let simmer
- Serve hot
4 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
This is something delicious. People may be afraid of it at first because of goat but it is the truth. Mannish water give you the strength to pound out the booty all night. Yes sir!!! Love this stuff. Ladies beware after a bowl of this bad boy
This helped me make a wicked soup just like mama used to make!. It went down a storm with the family and lasted for days as we added more ingredients and the flavours infused...an absolute must have winter warmer u wont be disappointed!!!
This stuff is amazing. I just tried it at the Gran Bahia Principe resort in Runaway Bay, Jamaica. I did not know the ingredients until after it was consumed. LOVE IT.
Hubby and I are planning a 5 year anniversary vacation to jamaica...hopefully we can try som ereal home made stuff while there...it may just bring the spark back into our marriage...