Rice & PeasPublished Mar 14, 2004
- 1/4 cup gungo peas
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 green pepper
- black pepper
- thyme, salt to taste
- 2 cups rice
- coconut milk or coconut [to make coconut milk]. Cut coconut in small pieces and blend in about 3 cups water in the blender, strain through a strainer to seperate the milk.
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Wash peas and soak in 2 cups of water.
- Pour peas and water in a pot with coconut milk, garlic and put to boil.
- Cook peas until tender adding more water if necessary.
- When peas are cooked add salt, whole pepper, black pepper, thyme, & escallion.
- Let season simmer.
- Wash rice if necessary, then add to pot. Use a fork to mix everything together.
- Cook on a low fire until done.
1 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.