Saltfish and Butter Beans (Baked Beans) RecipePublished Feb 21, 2011
- ¼ Cup vegetable oil
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper3 small red tomatoes1 large onion
- 2 sprig tyme
- ½ grams salted fish
- 2 cans butter beans
- 2 cloves garlic (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 3 tablespoons. ketchup
- Debone and Soak saltfish in water to remove some of the salt or boil in water for 5-7 minutes
- Use your hands and shred (flake) the saltfish finely and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the sweet peppers in strips
- Cut the onion in slices onion
- Cut the tomatoes in quarters
- Put the vegetable oil in a frying pan and heat
- Saute sweet pepper, tomatoes and onion
- Add the saltfish and stir
- Add garlic (garlic powder), butter beans and tomato ketchup
- Let Simmer for 5 minutes before removing from the fire.
- Serve with Fried Dumpling or Festival
6 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.