Jamaican Potato SaladPublished Jun 28, 2004
- 4 cups potatoes diced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 stalk escallion chopped
- 2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup miracle whip
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 stalk celery (optional)
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup baby peas (blanched)
- 1/4 cup carrot (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Wash, peel, dice and cook potatoes with eggs, about 10 mins.
- Dice celery, slice escallion and finely chopped garlic.
- When potatoes are boiled, drain instantly.
- Place in a large bowl, toss with margarine.
- Add corn, peas, escallion, garlic and celery.
- Stir in miracle whip with pepper and salt.
- Add chopped eggs and stir lightly, serve warm or cold.
4 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.
HI Jamaica, I m 4m India, I just came to know this site while searching for song "Day o' Banana" the same i had listen on my local English radio channel, I liked it very much & while listening the song i can feel every word of it that actually i m their in banana filed and working their, Being a Hindu we believe in re-birth and i felt that in my previous birth i was a Jamaican, I m foodie thats why i found your veg recipes very interesting and i tried couple of them which is delicious & nutritional really its reflect your tradition, Its my wish to be their in Jamaica