PDA

View Full Version : Motty Perkins rule!



Tuff Gong
07-10-2005, 01:01 PM
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/editorial/images/20050709T230000-0500_83923_OBS_EDITORIAL_CARTOON_1.jpg

Q3210
07-10-2005, 01:29 PM
`Low Andrew Gallimore to express himself.

Tuff, what was it that Gallimore actually said in his speech in parliament that brought so much criticism from those on his opposition bench?

Tuff Gong
07-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Q3210:
" `Low Andrew Gallimore to express himself."

Tuff, what was it that Gallimore actually said in his speech in parliament that brought so much criticism from those on his opposition bench? The JLP need funding they can't afford to mash certain cawn.
That is corrupted nature of our politics the mere fact that he mentioned Air Jamaica was enough.
I have the speech on tape (I tape POL daily when the feed it good), there is nothing in the speech that can be considered over critical of the AJAG Group much less libelous.

I once said Bruce Golding was weak and was cut out of the same mold as other Jamaican politicians, I was scolded for it and eventually led to a big cass cass.
Eddie Blinds said he was weak and it caused a bangarang.
I don’t know if Bruce is the leader Jamaica needs a man must show that im is a man when the heat comes.

Q3210
07-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Same she-men we have coming up. Tufton? Is he tuff?
We are entrenched into de-culture of favours and hand-outs.
Bruce still wearing short trousers.
Pearnel, would he have been a better leader?

Tuff Gong
07-11-2005, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Q3210:
Same she-men we have coming up. Tufton? Is he tuff?[[qb]I think Mr. Tufton would be more suited to be an aid to Audley Shaw or the party doing research.
I don't think he have the gumpton to be in reperesentitive politics.


[qb]Pearnel, would he have been a better leader? Most definitely not!
In fact this is one of the weak links of the JLP, politicians such a Pearnel are dinosaurs whose time has come and gone. He should not rise more no higher than a garden variety MP.

RichD
07-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Gallimore, Air Jamaica dispute settled
Charges against airline withdrawn
Observer Reporter
Wednesday, July 06, 2005



A legal battle in which Miguel Gallimore claimed US$3 million from Air Jamaica for alleged wrongful dismissal and the unauthorised use of his image in an advertisement has been settled, with Gallimore apparently accepting a minuscule fraction of his original demand.

Air Jamaica officials yesterday declined to disclose the settlement terms, saying that they were confidential. But in a press release announcing the settlement, Gallimore withdrew allegations of money laundering, US immigration violations, racketeering, tax evasion and other crimes against the airline.

"Mr Gallimore acknowledges that these allegations were not specifically or otherwise related to the three commercial claims in the lawsuit which arose out his employment by Air Jamaica," his press statement says. ". Mr Gallimore regrets any bitterness that may have resulted or arisen from these assertions."

Although Air Jamaica could not say what compensation was received by Gallimore, legal sources in Florida, where his case went on for nearly two years, suggested that in the apparent circumstances it was quite unlikely that he could have had a significant payout.

"It was clear to anyone who had followed the case, despite the orchestrated reports in sections of the Jamaican press, that the case was quite shaky," said one source. "Air Jamaica could not have had a significant bill to have this settled."

Miguel Gallimore is the son of former Jamaica Labour Party MP and minister Neville Gallimore and the brother of Andrew Gallimore, the West Rural St Andrew MP who last week launched a broadside in Parliament against Air Jamaica's former owners, the AJAG group and its chairman, Gordon "Butch" Stewart, for their management of the airline during their tenure.

Andrew Gallimore, who suggested corruption at Air Jamaica, was upbraided by his party for abuse of parliamentary privilege. It was widely held that his scathing attack on Stewart was prompted by his brother's dispute with Air Jamaica that began when AJAG was in control of the airline.

In a statement yesterday, AJAG said Miguel Gallimore's allegations had been used in an "outrageous smear campaign against it" and welcomed his retraction in his settlement with Air Jamaica.

"Although belated, AJAG welcomes Mr Gallimore's admissions," the AJAG statement said. "They are a vindication of the former managers of Air Jamaica and expose the ugliness and malice that have attended this case."

source (http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/20050706t000000-0500_83707_obs_gallimore__air_jamaica_dispute_sett led.asp)

anything to this?

Tuff Gong
07-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by RichD:
anything to this? Listen to Mr. Andrew Gallimor speech and judge for yourself.

RichD
07-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Tuff Gong:

Originally posted by RichD:
anything to this? Listen to Mr. Andrew Gallimor speech and judge for yourself. gimmie di link nuh...dem have text too?

Tuff Gong
07-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by RichD:

Originally posted by Tuff Gong:

Originally posted by RichD:
anything to this? Listen to Mr. Andrew Gallimor speech and judge for yourself. gimmie di link nuh...dem have text too? POL on the US$59Mil Air Jamaica debacle (http://www.go-jamaica.com/power/20050704.ram)

Check Hansard for the text.

Wardob
07-13-2005, 01:23 PM
One of the problem Mr. Seaga had with members of his own party and others was what they saw was his aggressiveness, true or false , many hold that belief. I would go further to say many believe it had lead to the JLP defeat in many close election where the independent or the cross over vote was crucial.

A few months ago since elected to represent Western Kingston; like Seaga would, Bruce went to bat for Western Kinston on a stick wicket, where the bowlers had the day. He did not look too good, which lead to strong criticism from the media and by the public at large for been too aggressive, trying to force his shots. Out caught at slips by a ball he should have just let by, he walk back to the pavilion to the sounds of boos.

His statement that Mark Shields and the security forces were setting the stage to march into Tivoli, after a well known Tivoli residents was involved, and killed in a Police shooting, was Seaga like. Given the situation at that time it was wrong for him to come out swinging at the Security Forces. Was that brave? You tell me. Although
I agree with his statement, many saw it as a tactic to ward off any attempt to search Tivoli for any suspect involve in the resent upsurge in the killings of policemen and other criminal activity, this was the same tactic many accused Mr. Seaga of using in his defense of Tivoli over the years, those same tactic that in the eyes of many hurt his (Seaga) reputation, the chances of JLP victory, and the same tactic that causes the mere mention of his (Mr. Seaga) name bring distaste in the mouths of many Jamaicans.. Been strong and brave for all the wrong reason is, unwise, so Mr. Seaga’s statements of he (Bruce) been weak, should be seen as an endorsement of one who wants to move away from the politics of destruction. To which many fully endorse and support him.

Let’s be frank gentlemen, Parliament should not be used to indict any person, place or thing. I am certain the able MP knows of other sources that he could bring his argument and even seek prosecution of those he say are involved in unlawful deeds. To hide under the privilege of Parliament is unfair to the accuse person, there is no justice if one can make statements which convict (in the eyes of the public) another without the accuse having his day in a court of law, it is even worse when the peoples house is used to “get even” to “settle family squabbles”. If he believes what he know or utter are facts, let him take it to the property authority. It is the wrong for him to use parliament this way and he should be sanction by the house, and his party leadership.
From the party point of view that would be keeping with the leadership promise of “New and different” ouch sorry that was the NDM, motto forget I was talking about the JLP.

All respect due Mr. Seaga but Jamaicans have spoken against his stile of leadership his confrontational nature by electing and re-electing the PNP now it is time to try something different. There are many areas where Bruce as failed and to some extent weak, while been a Minister, some of those have been pointed out here before, and should be the topics of discussion, not been weak because he disagree with his bro. MP on the use of Parliament .
His strength should be saved for defending the interest of Jamaica and Jamaicans, not the party or individual, but Jamaica’s and that’s what matter or should I say should matter. That’s what good a batsman does when playing on a stick wicket, be calm cool and collective, respect the good ball and make the bowler pay for any bad ball.
Jamaica is at a cross roads a country in crisis and need cool calm heads to move us along.

britisha
07-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Well...bless mi yeye soight..Wardob, a yuh dat?

I love your analogy with cricket and di wickit... :bigup: :bigup:

Tuff Gong
07-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Wardob:
One of the problem Mr. Seaga had with members of his own party and others was what they saw was his aggressiveness, true or false , many hold that belief. I would go further to say many believe it had lead to the JLP defeat in many close election where the independent or the cross over vote was crucial.

A few months ago since elected to represent Western Kingston; like Seaga would, Bruce went to bat for Western Kinston on a stick wicket, where the bowlers had the day. He did not look too good, which lead to strong criticism from the media and by the public at large for been too aggressive, trying to force his shots. Out caught at slips by a ball he should have just let by, he walk back to the pavilion to the sounds of boos.

His statement that Mark Shields and the security forces were setting the stage to march into Tivoli, after a well known Tivoli residents was involved, and killed in a Police shooting, was Seaga like. Given the situation at that time it was wrong for him to come out swinging at the Security Forces. Was that brave? You tell me. Although
I agree with his statement, many saw it as a tactic to ward off any attempt to search Tivoli for any suspect involve in the resent upsurge in the killings of policemen and other criminal activity, this was the same tactic many accused Mr. Seaga of using in his defense of Tivoli over the years, those same tactic that in the eyes of many hurt his (Seaga) reputation, the chances of JLP victory, and the same tactic that causes the mere mention of his (Mr. Seaga) name bring distaste in the mouths of many Jamaicans.. Been strong and brave for all the wrong reason is, unwise, so Mr. Seaga’s statements of he (Bruce) been weak, should be seen as an endorsement of one who wants to move away from the politics of destruction. To which many fully endorse and support him.

Let’s be frank gentlemen, Parliament should not be used to indict any person, place or thing. I am certain the able MP knows of other sources that he could bring his argument and even seek prosecution of those he say are involved in unlawful deeds. To hide under the privilege of Parliament is unfair to the accuse person, there is no justice if one can make statements which convict (in the eyes of the public) another without the accuse having his day in a court of law, it is even worse when the peoples house is used to “get even” to “settle family squabbles”. If he believes what he know or utter are facts, let him take it to the property authority. It is the wrong for him to use parliament this way and he should be sanction by the house, and his party leadership.
From the party point of view that would be keeping with the leadership promise of “New and different” ouch sorry that was the NDM, motto forget I was talking about the JLP.

All respect due Mr. Seaga but Jamaicans have spoken against his stile of leadership his confrontational nature by electing and re-electing the PNP now it is time to try something different. There are many areas where Bruce as failed and to some extent weak, while been a Minister, some of those have been pointed out here before, and should be the topics of discussion, not been weak because he disagree with his bro. MP on the use of Parliament .
His strength should be saved for defending the interest of Jamaica and Jamaicans, not the party or individual, but Jamaica’s and that’s what matter or should I say should matter. That’s what good a batsman does when playing on a stick wicket, be calm cool and collective, respect the good ball and make the bowler pay for any bad ball.
Jamaica is at a cross roads a country in crisis and need cool calm heads to move us along. As usual you show up to defend a weak vacillating Bruce Golding.
Did you listen to the speech?
The test should only be of truth and fair play not what the court of public opinion or the oligarchy thinks.

Let Bruce continue on his weak path not rigorously defend his constituents and try to muzzle the Gallimore's in his party and see what will happen to him.

Eddie was Eddie and not one can be Eddie Bruce must stand up and defend his constituents and protect his MPs who speak out or pay the price.

Wardob
07-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Well...bless mi yeye soight..Wardob, a yuh dat?

I love your analogy with cricket and di wickit.………………Britisha

Yes mom till deh yah……….. Played the lovely game what seems now like donkey years. ago
Like all games there are certain disciplines that goes with it, just like in life, stray away from them and you are out, some on the first ball.


Well Tuff you have not yet define his weakness, so I cannot agree with you, may be if you could sight me a programme where due to his neglect and or weakness as you claim Jamaica and Jamaicans have suffered, could have, but have not benefited from. If you do then just maybe I would be unable to defend him, know any? Or he is weak because he is not running around preaching hate.
By the way have Mr. Seaga define where is weaknesses are?

Personal quarrel as no business in Parliament, we are making a mockery of the system which he sworn to uphold. All Jamaica knows the true reason behind Andrew’s speech; it as been in the press for months now, full page advertisement by he and his family, his concerns in my opinion had nothing to do with the Airline problems.
The Airline problems did not start last week or last year, where was his comments then? His concerns are of his brother problems with the Airline and its former Management team, and if they are genuine then deal with it at the right place. Peter Phillips did the same thing few months ago and back off when challenged by Mike Henry. Parliament should not be used, as a rod to strike your enemies it’s an abuse of power and privilege. I applaud him (Bruce) and the party for the stance, which they took.

Certainly an MP must defend his constituency, but to what degree? What about his obligation to the rest of the Country? He now speaks not only as a Western Kingston representative but also as the Leader of the opposition, which carries a little more weight. The eyes of the Country is on him, his behavior now, will be how he is judge should he become the Nations leader, so their should be no defense for improper behavior, break a way from protocol or criminal behavior careless where it is coming from.

If an MP as to be constantly on the defensive of his constituency, especially one where the average Jamaican see it as an haven for criminals (real or unreal) and he fail after years or representation to put it in a favorable light in the eyes of the public, it seems to me he is weak and many would question his ability to lead. Why not work towards putting the Constituency in a position that he or she (The MP) has nothing to defend but instead all to be proud of, shouldn’t such also be the roll of the MP?

The confrontational politics and what is pass off as bravery as kept and keeping the JLP on the back bench for years, and if another course is not charted and follow, sorry to say but they will rot there.

Nuff said..............

Tuff Gong
06-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Just checking the achieves I had to bring this forward!