PDA

View Full Version : She start again?-PM visits NY

Tuff Gong
08-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Fri Aug 4, 2006
Prime Minister goes to New York

Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller will travel to New York next week to address Jamaicans at a town hall meeting.

Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller is heading for New York next week despite facing harsh criticism over her numerous overseas trips.

It will be her first official visit to New York since becoming Prime Minister.

She is expected to address Jamaicans at a town hall meeting in Brooklyn at the Medgar Evers College Auditorium.

The forum is being hosted by the Jamaican Consulate General and the College's Social Justice-Immigration Centre.

Prime Minister Simpson Miller has already met with Jamaicans in Washington and South Florida since assuming leadership of the country.

Prime Minister goes to New York (http://www.radiojamaica.com/news/story.php?category=2&story=26874)

Blackstar*
08-13-2006, 07:00 AM
She must be going to do her shopping. There's no logical reason why the PM couldn't have visited Miami, DC, and NYC expats during the course of a single 4-5 day trip to the US.

Have there been any results or even reports on the outcomes of these visits?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/editorial/images/20060812T210000-0500_111085_OBS_EDITORIAL_CARTOON_1.jpg

mountaingal
08-13-2006, 08:18 AM
a very curious article. it does not say who is criticizing her for her "numerous overseas trips." it does not say how many trips she has taken since she became PM. in fact, it says this trip is her first official visit to NY. has she been there before unofficially, and if so, when?

i'm not necessarily a fan of portia, but i cannot abide biased or lackadaisical news reporting.

08-13-2006, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fri Aug 4, 2006
Prime Minister goes to New York

Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller will travel to New York next week to address Jamaicans at a town hall meeting.

Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller is heading for New York next week despite facing harsh criticism over her numerous overseas trips.

It will be her first official visit to New York since becoming Prime Minister.

She is expected to address Jamaicans at a town hall meeting in Brooklyn at the Medgar Evers College Auditorium.

The forum is being hosted by the Jamaican Consulate General and the College's Social Justice-Immigration Centre.

Prime Minister Simpson Miller has already met with Jamaicans in Washington and South Florida since assuming leadership of the country.

Prime Minister goes to New York (http://www.radiojamaica.com/news/story.php?category=2&story=26874)

[/ QUOTE ]Dag... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif my alma mata.. /forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif

as oomen, we all dun know seh a shopping she gwan shopping..
Who knows, maybe she done heard about Bobbys a Church avenue a Brooklyn.. /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif

08-13-2006, 11:24 AM
visit the college..

http://www.mec.cuny.edu/default.asp

Dr.Dudd
08-13-2006, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a very curious article. it does not say who is criticizing her for her "numerous overseas trips." it does
not say how many trips she has taken since she became PM. in fact, it says this trip is her first official visit to NY. has she been there before unofficially, and if so, when?

or lackadaisical n
i'm not necessarily a fan of portia, but i cannot abide biased ews reporting.

[/ QUOTE ]She was in New York to do a town hall meeting with jamaicans in the diaspora i suppose with other activities. hey so what if she shops? as long as she uses her own money.

Tuff Gong
08-13-2006, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a very curious article. it does not say who is criticizing her for her "numerous overseas trips." it does not say how many trips she has taken since she became PM. in fact, it says this trip is her first official visit to NY. has she been there before unofficially, and if so, when?

i'm not necessarily a fan of portia, but i cannot abide biased or lackadaisical news reporting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actully anything from RJR is On Air Headlines and is likely to be very short. The blow by blow was carried by RJR, but not by the Print Media.

I posted all her known trips recently. Not only that her own idiotic accounts of why she travels is most hilarious. I am sorry we cannot post audio efficiently otherwise I would post the recording. This was at the height major turmoil in the Labour Relations Arena.

There are accounts of her stopping just long enough in Jamaica to pick up her US$60K dress before she was off again.
Damn neva si come si!

j-can
08-13-2006, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not only that her own idiotic accounts of why she travels is most hilarious. I am sorry we cannot post audio efficiently otherwise I would post the recording. This was at the height major turmoil in the Labour Relations Arena.

There are accounts of her stopping just long enough in Jamaica to pick up her US$60K dress before she was off again.
Damn neva si come si!

[/ QUOTE ]

WATCH IT BWAAY>>YUH IS TALKING ABOUT MY PRIME MINISTER

Is their anything that you like about Jamaica or Jamaicans?

Dont bother..I know the answer ...........It's a resounding NOoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tuff Gong
08-14-2006, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Dont bother..I know the answer ...........It's a resounding NOoooooooooooooooooooooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

Yu have yu gun in yu waist please don't shoot up the place.

I honestly think illiterates should stay off the forums for at least two days a week.
Ainít it funny that the most ardent supporters of current GOJ, what is taking place in Jamaica, the PNP and love tracing posters are generally the ones who come off as very illiterate inbreds, who cannot read and comprehend?

j-can
08-14-2006, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly think illiterates should stay off the forums for at least two days a week.
Ain’t it funny that the most ardent supporters of current GOJ, what is taking place in Jamaica, the PNP and love tracing posters are generally the ones who come off as very illiterate inbreds, who cannot read and comprehend?

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go with the insults...While the question once again goes unanswered /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I wont bother to trade insults with you as I am an adult

Tuff Gong
08-14-2006, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain’t it funny that the most ardent supporters of current GOJ, what is taking place in Jamaica, the PNP and love tracing posters are generally the ones who come off as very illiterate inbreds, who cannot read and comprehend?

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go with the insults...While the question once again goes unanswered /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the question?

j-can
08-14-2006, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anything that you like about Jamaica or Jamaicans?

Tuff Gong
09-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Wed Sep 6, 2006
PM to head Jamaican delegation to Non-Aligned Movement Conference

Prime Minister Portia Simpson-Miller is to lead a delegation to the 14th Conference of Heads of State and government of the Non-Aligned Movement in Havana, Cuba.

The one week Havana Summit, which begins on September 11, is to address the role and significance of the Non-Aligned Movement.

Other members of the delegation will include, Minister of Foreign Affairs Anthony Hylton, Permanent Secretary in the Office of the Prime Minister, Patricia Sinclair-McCalla, and Officer in charge of Multi-lateral Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Vilma McNeish.

The Non-Aligned Movement, which meets every three years, is made up of 116 member states representing the interest and priorities of developing countries.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/news/story.php?category=2&story=27938

Tuff Gong
06-29-2009, 12:35 AM
LOL!