PDA

View Full Version : Boxing @ The Arena

Tuff Gong
09-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Sat Sep 23, 2006
PNP members fight it out

People's National Party (PNP) functionaries are downplaying an incident which interrupted the private session of the annual conference Friday night.
RJR News has been informed that a man and a woman, said to be supporters of Dr. Peter Phillips, had an altercation which led to a scuffle.

The incident reportedly took place in the presence of PNP President Portia Simpson-Miller.

Reports reaching the RJR Newscentre are that the fight started after the two supporters expressed different views on internal party matters.

During the tussle the woman,, who reportedly suffers from hypertension, collapsed and had to be taken to the hospital.

When contacted by the RJR Newscentre Saturday morning, party insiders claimed the incident was a minor one and caused a brief disruption to the private session.

[url]http://www.radiojamaica.com/news/story.php?category=2&story=28461[/url

Wahalla
09-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Didnt a similar thing happen last year ???? Something with Skeng don....

Also what was teh incident when they stole Bruce Goldings seat at an offical Jamaican function???? Tuffy my mind is going could you remind me????

Tuff Gong
09-23-2006, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didnt a similar thing happen last year ???? Something with Skeng don....

Also what was teh incident when they stole Bruce Goldings seat at an offical Jamaican function???? Tuffy my mind is going could you remind me????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there was a smallish struggle last year when the Don's convoy of overpriced SUV's broke through a to a restricted area. Then the Gelding and his wife lost their sat at Lucretia Borgia's Coronation ceremony.

It is not surprising to have a little boxing breakout in the Arena (after all that's what arenas are for), the funny part of the tale is that it is differences over so-called internal party matters among members allied to the solid-as-a-rock camp.

Last year one of the same soft-as-puff-cakes camp followers an aging Don managed to kill a Labourite on his way home. One wonders if tempers are so hot already, what is gwine to happen after the Lucretia Borgia addresses the masses at on Sunday?

Blackstar*
09-23-2006, 11:46 PM
/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif at the title of the thread.

Tuff Gong
09-27-2006, 12:32 AM
Now the action has moved to the streets. I will apply for a prophet job one day!

Tuff Gong
10-13-2006, 04:11 PM
<font color="brown">Some results of the Arena Bouts</font>:

Fri Oct 13, 2006
Aloun Assamba under fire after brawl causes rift with party financier

Member of Parliament for South East St. Ann, Aloun Assamba.
An alleged rift between Member of Parliament for South East St. Ann, Aloun Assamba and a major party financier has rocked the Peoples National Party's (PNP) organization in the constituency.

<font color="red">According to reports, the rift has widened in recent days following reports that the Police were brought in to investigate the well known figure in the constituency.</font>

Since Thursday some PNP supporters in the constituency have been calling the media indicating that they were planning a protest, calling for Mrs. Assamba to be replaced as the party's candidate in the constituency.

They claimed that they want her replaced because she might cost the party the seat.

But RJR News understands that some PNP supporters are angry with Mrs. Assamba because they believe she called in the police to investigate, the alleged financier.

When contacted Friday morning Mrs. Assamba said she was aware of the reports but insisted that she did not call the police.

She said the rift results from an incident at the recently held party conference.

According to her, the incident resulted in a councillor receiving threats which were eventually reported to the police.

“There seems to have been a problem between one person and my councilor from Claremont, I called both of them together and the gentleman boxed and kicked the councilor in my presence. I must tell you I was extremely embarrassed and frightened because I said to myself I could have brought this councilor to his death.,” said Mrs. Assamba.

“Now my understanding is to say now that I have disrespected this person now I feel that I was completely disrespected by the behaviour of this person and I have left it. It has been reported to the party and the police are well aware of what occurred,” she continued.

A tearful, Aloun Assamba expressed disappointment at what she cited as efforts to unseat her because of her stance against the inappropriate behaviour of the party financier.

However, she told the RJR News Centre that these efforts will not force her to quit.

“It seems to me that there are people who recognize that they cannot control me there are elements from both parties it seems they have gotten together and decided to remove me from the constituency,” she said.

“I am committed to this country, I am committed to this Government, I am committed to the party leader and have said so. I have worked assiduously many times to the detriment of my family,” she continued.

She says the incident which took place at the conference has been reported to the party.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/news/story.php?category=2&amp;story=29105