PDA

View Full Version : Single and happy can it be true

diabolical_Tanya
12-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Single and happy, can it be true?

So when are you getting married? I’m sure so many women have been asked this dreaded question as if being married or being in a relationship actually completes who you are as person being a woman. The perfect life, one might imagine is having the perfect little house with green shutters on the windows, a white picket fence surrounding a lush green lawn, a charming, charismatic husband, well behaved children and the loyal family dog. This may be a nightmare to the women of today’s society for the most part who find independence and happiness on their own without a partner, husband or mate. The notion that women have to be attached to be fulfilled has become somewhat of an old wives tale as more women are seeking to live independently in their 30s for the time being.

Independent women
Today, more and more women are in the work force, building powerful executive careers whether in business, technology, entertainment or politics. At the same time, more women are buying their own homes today and are the second biggest leader of buyers in the real estate market behind married couples, who make up 59% of homebuyers, but well ahead of single men, who make up only 11%. Most women don’t see marriage as the first step to buying a home anymore. Since more women are more financially independent, they can plunge into the real estate market with their own independent agility. “We're not just marrying any guy who comes along. It's this sense of empowerment, because you're relying on yourself, and there's not this concept of having to be married first," says Pamela Emery, a Realtor at Jameson Realty.

I’m not a lesbian
One single woman was asked by family members if she was a lesbian because she would always show up to family events single. “I’m able to move anywhere in the world I want, travel and don’t have to worry about dealing with a boyfriend which would just make it complicated”, says Louanne Smith, former sports reporter for the Calgary Herald who now resides in London, England. Why is it that if you aren’t attached, then you either are a lesbian or there must be something wrong with you. A woman doesn’t have to settle and shouldn’t settle for any Tom and Jerry that wants to dine her.
“It's not like there's anything wrong with meeting Mr. Right but women do not "require" this to ever happen in order to live happily ever after. Being single, I can do what I want, with whom I want whenever I want and never have to rely on anyone else but myself. Yes, this may seem a little selfish, but what's wrong with that?? With good friends and family, who needs a man...and no, this does not mean that single women are lesbians, it's called being independent”, say Jennifer Hazelton, Project Support Advisor, who is happily single and has purchased her house on her own at the age of 32.

A ring for singles
As the lyric goes in the Pussycat Doll’s latest hit, “I don’t need a ring around my finger to make me feel complete” radiates the views of many women today as free birds gaining happiness, prosperity and a future being on their own. Ruta Fox, a single female entrepreneur designed what is known as the Ah ring (available and happy ring) that is worn on your pinkie finger. “Engaged women have their engagement rings and married women have their wedding bands. But there was nothing on the market specifically designed for single women," Fox says. “My friends are all single, happy, great women," says Fox. The rings sell for $295, is a 14-karat, white gold band of 11 round, full-cut diamonds with "Ah" engraved inside. The entrepreneur reeled in about $1million in sales in just the first 12 months of marketing the ring. Obviously it goes to show there are many single and happy women out there.

Soundless sleeps
How many women do you know that have been in relationship where their partners snore throughout the night while they lie wide awake watching them with rage fueling inside as they seem to be so comfy and past their REM stage of sleep. The alarm is set to go off in a couple hours and the sound of the motor by your ear doesn’t seem like it is going to run out of gas anytime soon. Once the alarm does go off it seems like you haven’t gotten a wink of sleep as you groggily head to the coffeepot. “I would look at him sleeping there so soundly and just wanted to punch him because he was keeping me up”, say Louanne Smith. Single women don’t have this problem. They can wake up bright eyed and bushy ready to start their day without being interrupted during the night.

Single and happy
Being single doesn’t mean endless dread of becoming a spinster or living alone forever with a hundred cats. More and more women are waiting, enjoying the adventures of single hood while gaining financial and career independence. This gives women the option of truly finding the right partner and not settling for the first guy that comes around to appease society or their family. A poll by market research group Mintel has found that 56 per cent of single women in the UK are "very happy" with their lives as they are and have no intention of getting married. This isn’t a male bashing blog but an informative evaluation that singles can be happy. So no we aren’t lesbians, psychos, spinsters, desperate, but rather, independent, intelligent, in control and happy.

jah_yout
12-11-2006, 04:23 PM
i think 98 out of 100 women still want a man to complete them

diabolical_Tanya
12-11-2006, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Well if its only wanting thats okay but it would be a sad social commentary if they NEED a man to feel complete.

Night Nurse
12-11-2006, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mi nuh kno if di numba dat hi but mi hoff tuh agree widd summa wha yuh sey for mi definitely cyaah do widdout mi menz dem. /forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif

:HAVINONEMANISSOPREVIOUS: /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

RichD
12-11-2006, 05:11 PM
mi did hear a add on di radio di mornin

going through alot of batteries this holiday seson... /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif

DearK
12-11-2006, 05:14 PM
The article doesn't say if they are single and unattached, but I guess that's the implication? Seems a little bit forced when you bring lack of snoring as a cause for happiness /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif But jahyout I think the % of single and happy is higher- many women enjoy the freedom of not having 'to answer' to someone else....

diabolical_Tanya
12-11-2006, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The article doesn't say if they are single and unattached, but I guess that's the implication? Seems a little bit forced when you bring lack of snoring as a cause for happiness /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif But jahyout I think the % of single and happy is higher- many women enjoy the freedom of not having 'to answer' to someone else....

[/ QUOTE ]

I took it to mean single as in unmarried/not engaged not in a committed relationship (JUST LIKE ME) free and single ready to mingle /forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif

JM1
12-11-2006, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
many women enjoy the freedom of not having 'to answer' to someone else....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So no we aren’t lesbians, psychos, spinsters, desperate, but rather, independent, intelligent, in control and happy.

[/ QUOTE ].

"not having 'to answer' to someone else."

"in control".

jah_yout
12-11-2006, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure there are...but the vast vast majority of women i know feel pretty much worthless if they don't have a man...unless they're gay

jah_yout
12-11-2006, 05:38 PM
i don't think i've ever met a woman who didn't want to get married...maybe when they're in their teens & twenties, but by the 30s & 40s they all do...

natilee25
12-11-2006, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Well if its only wanting thats okay but it would be a sad social commentary if they NEED a man to feel complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Everyone,

I think that alot of women would like to have that perfect husband, with the perfect kids, in the perfect house plus the perfect dog. However, most women won't let it define them or determine their happiness. They go about their lives fulfilling their dreams and achieving their goals. If while doing these things "mr. right" comes her way i don't think she would turn him away.

If most single women nuh stand up strang society and it's rules will put dem inna very depressive state a mind. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JM1
12-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Jah yout, you noh easy. /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif

diabolical_Tanya
12-11-2006, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't think i've ever met a woman who didn't want to get married...maybe when they're in their teens & twenties, but by the 30s & 40s they all do...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jah Yout, My name is Tanya and I am single by choice and very close to 40. I have no desire to marry or co-habitate with a man I am also 100% straight. Nice to meet you /forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif

Night Nurse
12-11-2006, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Everyone,

I think that alot of women would like to have that perfect husband, with the perfect kids, in the perfect house plus the perfect dog. However, most women won't let it define them or determine their happiness. They go about their lives fulfilling their dreams and achieving their goals. If while doing these things "mr. right" comes her way i don't think she would turn him away.

If most single women nuh stand up strang society and it's rules will put dem inna very depressive state a mind. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif

jah_yout
12-11-2006, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jah Yout, My name is Tanya and I am single by choice and very close to 40. I have no desire to marry or co-habitate with a man I am also 100% straight. Nice to meet you /forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif

hey sexy!
mi love yu from long time ennuh

diabolical_Tanya
12-11-2006, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif

hey sexy!

[/ QUOTE ]

And I you /forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif but I don't want to marry you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DearK
12-11-2006, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Everyone,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said!

Jah yout- worthless without a man? That sounds really strong... What about those women who are attached, yet want to remain unmarried?

jah_yout
12-11-2006, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Everyone,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said!

Jah yout- worthless without a man? That sounds really strong... What about those women who are attached, yet want to remain unmarried?

[/ QUOTE ]

iz still a man dont it

missus_vegas
12-12-2006, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but the vast vast majority of women i know feel pretty much worthless if they don't have a man...

[/ QUOTE ]

u nuh love u life nuh? xmas a come man mek peace reign. u nuh want nuff present? /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif

its been too long since the women of ja-cans.com gave u a good lash so a it u a werk fah/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif

wah gwane /forums/images/graemlins/70459-hugs.gif mi like di new do....did u get a hair cut and highlights /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif....look like u a rub to eihuh /forums/images/graemlins/70388-shameonyou.gif mine. i hear dem creams cause premature wrinkles /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

niceniss
12-12-2006, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I think alot more men desire companionship than you can imagine... I'm a woman, I know...

niceniss
12-12-2006, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mi did hear a add on di radio di mornin

going through alot of batteries this holiday seson... /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif yuh getting fiestier an fiestier enoh /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/70456-eyebrows.gif

RichD
12-12-2006, 12:48 AM
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/70392-silly.gif

BlessedLadyOfZion
12-12-2006, 07:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mi like di new do....did u get a hair cut and highlights /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif....look like u a rub to eihuh /forums/images/graemlins/70388-shameonyou.gif mine. i hear dem creams cause premature wrinkles /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DAT LOOK LIKE GARNETT silk /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ReggaeGirl2000
12-12-2006, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that!!! Want and Need are two very different things.... /forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif

ReggaeGirl2000
12-12-2006, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Morning Greeting mi fren...
I think you've been meeting the wrong type of women... I'd say most I know are the opposite.. in their 20's they all want to get marriage... but the time they reach in their 30's and 40's they think otherwise.

Bless,
RG

ReggaeGirl2000
12-12-2006, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey sexy!

[/ QUOTE ]

And I you /forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/70377-loveeyes.gif but I don't want to marry you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me laugh.... good one!!!
/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif

jah_yout
12-12-2006, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but the vast vast majority of women i know feel pretty much worthless if they don't have a man...

[/ QUOTE ]

u nuh love u life nuh? xmas a come man mek peace reign. u nuh want nuff present? /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif

its been too long since the women of ja-cans.com gave u a good lash so a it u a werk fah/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif

wah gwane /forums/images/graemlins/70459-hugs.gif mi like di new do....did u get a hair cut and highlights /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif....look like u a rub to eihuh /forums/images/graemlins/70388-shameonyou.gif mine. i hear dem creams cause premature wrinkles /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif

veeeggaaasss /forums/images/graemlins/70459-hugs.gif /forums/images/graemlins/70459-hugs.gif

what a galang...
yu right mi haffi hol' ie dung yah now before di ooman come fi mi/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
a garnet silk dat mamma...
december a di month when him did transport suh iz like a tribute ting yunnuh...
mi deh ya a blaze peer garnet silk dis month...21 gun salute!

-christ in his kingly character
-fill us up with your mercy
-mama africa
-everything i've got
-music is the rod & we are moses
-bless me
-it's growing
-nothing can divide us