PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gifts

LINDA
12-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Here's the situation, you love your man/woman dearly-hence you don't want to hurt their feelings...

They give you a present for Christmas that is totally not your style nor taste and you don't want to use/wear it.

What do you do?

A) Pretend you like it and never wear it
B) Tell them the truth-u nuh like eee
C) Wear it to please them and feel like a /forums/images/graemlins/70392-silly.gif

I chose C yesterday, but am contemplating A or B today /forums/images/graemlins/70367-help.gif

Compry
12-26-2006, 02:38 PM
B...that way you don't get a similar gift in the future.

LINDA
12-26-2006, 02:47 PM
But does it seem ungrateful? I have NEVER told anyone I didn't like a gift they gave me. I don't like hurting peoples feelings.

But then again, I'm never going to wear it, and I know he'll ask why I dont' wear it eventually... /forums/images/graemlins/70361-embarassed.gif

MrsBlue
12-26-2006, 03:07 PM
<font color="blue">Go with A and from now on make a detailed, specific list of what you like at gift-giving times. If it happens again, you'll have to go with B. </font>

tuffstuff
12-26-2006, 03:11 PM
I say do D- Cuss his azz out!! What the hell him take this ting fa?!!! Him nuh see say yu have style and class, who di hell woulda dare ina dem right mind, wear that piece a crop!!! ANd worse- it mean say him nuh have no taste or likkle sense of style!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif TO HELL WIDDIM!!!!!

eitehr that or tell him you apprecuate the thought of the gift, but yu changing yu wardrobe, going in another direction stylewise eg, if is a blouse him give yu then let him know that yu never ever going to wear tops again. Just a new trend yu adopting /forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif

MrsBlue
12-26-2006, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I say do D- Cuss his azz out!! What the hell him take this ting fa?!!! Him nuh see say yu have style and class, who di hell woulda dare ina dem right mind, wear that piece a crop!!! ANd worse- it mean say him nuh have no taste or likkle sense of style!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif TO HELL WIDDIM!!!!!

eitehr that or tell him you apprecuate the thought of the gift, but yu changing yu wardrobe, going in another direction stylewise eg, if is a blouse him give yu then let him know that yu never ever going to wear tops again. Just a new trend yu adopting /forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue"> /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif

I think she'll be more inclined to go with your second suggestion. </font>

LINDA
12-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Normally I LOVE everything he buys me, especially jewelry. I asked for a digital camera and he was like OK but I was going to get you jewelry. So I was like nevermind, get me jewelry and he was like yeh you know I have good taste in jewelry /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And then he bought me the UGLIEST stuff /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif And was so excited when I was opening it /forums/images/graemlins/70367-help.gif I feel like a creep but I hate it and I told him I like it /forums/images/graemlins/70459-lyad.gif even though he said I could exchange it if I didn't

Tanesha
12-26-2006, 09:31 PM
/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif hush no easy answer for this I would wear it... /forums/images/graemlins/70394-bawlout.gif

CeaBee
12-26-2006, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif hush no easy answer for this I would wear it... /forums/images/graemlins/70394-bawlout.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and spill some red wine on it...accidentally of course /forums/images/graemlins/70365-flirt.gif

Compry
12-26-2006, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But does it seem ungrateful? I have NEVER told anyone I didn't like a gift they gave me. I don't like hurting peoples feelings.

But then again, I'm never going to wear it, and I know he'll ask why I dont' wear it eventually... /forums/images/graemlins/70361-embarassed.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you being ungrateful? You don't like the gift however you are going to pretend? You can tell him in a diplomatic way that you are thankful for his thoughtfulness however it is not something that you're going to wear because it is not your taste. Tell him you would love to help him pick out something that is more your taste.

Would you prefer that he waste his money again and buy you something similar that you know you are not going to wear?

You don't want to start the snowball effect. When he asks you why you're not wearing it, you will probably have to make up a story and so on and so on.

MrsBlue
12-26-2006, 10:44 PM
<font color="blue">You're so sweet and good. /forums/images/graemlins/70459-hugs.gif </font>

Suesumba
12-27-2006, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me'eda cuss him prappa like /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yvonne N.
12-27-2006, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...They give you a present for Christmas that is totally not your style nor taste and you don't want to use/wear it.

What do you do?

B) Tell them the truth-u nuh like eee

I chose C yesterday, but am contemplating A or B today /forums/images/graemlins/70367-help.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel bad.
Many persons buy what THEY like for someone and not what the someone likes. Speak up now or... you may never get another chance to say lovingly that you don't like stuff like dat...