PDA

View Full Version : Wah unoo wud a do?

julie*mango
01-29-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't know if unoo memba me mekking a post di other day bout dis 'friend' weh mi have an her man batter bruise her and rape her after he found out she was cheating on him.

Well anyway dem did make up fi di most part but I guess he started cheating on her too and she continued sleeping around. Well last night Mr Skells called me to tell me that the ooman call him and beg him if she could come stay by us for a little bit. He said he would have to talk to me about it first. She and her baby father got into it after he walked in the apartment and caught her with another man. From her account he tried to strangle her and throw her from the window in their 3rd floor apartment. He is currently in jail.

I told my husband that I would seriously have to think about that one. Then outrightly told him no for several reasons. I find this woman irresponsible. She does not take life seriously. Regardless of whether or not she was still feeling the baby father she had no right to bring another man into their home, where he pays rent and her bills. And she has a 2 yo son who spends more time with his grandparents than her while she runs the street smoking herself to a frazzle and what not. Her friends are mostly low lifes...I don't think I want any old smaddy going in and out of my house either. Plus she nuh have no idea how long she would a stay here. Mi nuh want her get too comfortable til mi haffi trow her out.

Some may find me judgemental but I have tried to help her get herself together and make something of her life but we do not share the same values. Do you blame me for my decision?

rie
01-29-2007, 10:36 AM
me no blame you at all. smart woman you are. me nah bring dat type woman ina me home no sir.

dahjah
01-29-2007, 10:50 AM
No, they have shelters for this.

kia027
01-29-2007, 11:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emperah_dahJah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, they have shelters for this. </div></div>

exactly what I was going to say ... Plus she will get more services at the shelter.. counseling to understand why she allows the man to treat her this way, and also self introspection which will allow her to take a good look at what her priorities should be in life.

Jazz
01-29-2007, 02:01 PM
would do exactly what u did for pretty much the same reasons...

The when de man come outta jail im ah go waaan come dhe fe si har cause u know its inevitable dat dem gwine mek up...
she ahgo have all sort ah characters bringing her hoem at night an den dem ah go know weh u live...

Tellu husband if he wants to help - he should do so from a distance... is not all help needs to be accompanied by a hug and close proximity.

Bandana
01-29-2007, 02:11 PM
(((Skells))) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70459-hugs.gif

I think you made the right decision. For all the reasons that you state and then some. The last thing you need is that kind of drama in your home right now. Who is to say how long dis man going to be in jail? You don't want him banging down your door when he gets out! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70400-talktohand.gif

You need to worry about the little youth coming, and keep yourself as stress free as possible momma! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

She will find her way if she truely wants to.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif

ILP
01-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Mi nuh fine fault wid yuh atall. Mi undastan why yuh would feel sarry fi har and weh she a guh tru, but some people need fi have life tek dem too di bottom fah dem tuh undastan daht dem cyan do certain tings and expect people fi help dem out. Dem end up use people as dem crutch (sometimes dem dont even know it), but dem use people all di same.

Yuh mussin feel no way bout sayin no, yuh doin what betta fi har anyway (aldoa, she may not see it daht way). Mi wouldan even boddah explain nuttin tuh har eidah, mi would juss tell har mi pass. But daht is juss mi. Aye sah...some people.

BTW: how old is yuh friend?

julie*mango
01-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Early 20's.

ILP
01-29-2007, 06:53 PM
well now mi fully undastan why she act like daht. she young. mi definately not excusin har slack behavior, but it mek sense cah people act foo-fool when dem daht age.

Mi have one friend daht is 42 ahn still do tings like wah you friend do. Mi still tink you doin di right ting...keep har out ah you house. Mek she learn fi harself.

julie*mango
01-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Young nuh have anything to do with it. I am older than her by a few years but mi neva gwaan like a chicken head when me was her age. She has what I like to call the Yankee mentality. She want to get caught up in the fast life. Mi hear seh di guy she get ketch wid mussi live a one halfway house down di road. A dem kinda thug she want weh sell drugs and ting. Her baby fawda was a decent guy, never leff her when she breed for him she was a teenager still. Him tek care a her and dem son. Work hard all di time. Is when him fine out what she was like him switch pon her and get violent. Mi sarri but mi nah get mi self involved inna dis one.

Jahbuddah
01-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Glad you came to that conclusion Skell. If she is crazy enough to bring another man into her house when she already caught one beating for it, what would she do when she gets a close look at the good man you have? Not saying he would go for it, but who needs that drama?

You already know too much about her character to let her rock your boat, sista! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70388-shameonyou.gif

Venn
01-30-2007, 03:57 PM
<span style="color: blue">Mi noh tink me'da help har needa Skells....she need fi change har skettel ways. </span>