PDA

View Full Version : JAMAICANS! "Why would you run for political office or not"?

Re-Jamaica
01-31-2007, 03:52 PM
I will run for office in Jamaica because there are some 358 elected positions (60/298 - MPs/Concillors) plus an additional 29 selected posts (15/14 - Senators/Mayoral) that are available. These are our opportunities to help to get things in the country re-order, going in directions will would rather see go for our the country.

Until persons that feel the way I do about Jamaica become directly involved in the political process the changes we are looking for will not occur. Even if that involvement is behind the scenes work to help in the re-development, re-engineering and re-newal of Jamaica, land we love.

Unless Jamaicans that feel badly for fortunes of Jamaica act in some way, just where will we all end up. Let us find all those where ever they are that represents our views for we all have something to offer.

CCC

Gen
01-31-2007, 04:13 PM
I'll tell yuh where I DON'T want to end up...6 feet under...so mi will gwaan sattah /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif and learn from unnu

Re-Jamaica
01-31-2007, 04:32 PM
The more we stay away the closer we bring ourselves to the 6 feet under we say we are afraid of. They continue to come for us one by one or 4 by 4 according to the most recent upsurge in the murder rate in certain parts of the island.

Maybe for persons like you it is behind the scenes work or anonynous support.

Be careful while hiding (often others are there with you - in the same hiding place). Now just who will help whom?

niceniss
01-31-2007, 09:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Geneva</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll tell yuh where I DON'T want to end up...6 feet under...so mi will gwaan sattah /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif and learn from unnu </div></div>
LOL! yuh funny girl /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif everybody dies, so might as well fight fi wha yuh want while you're alive

Sinco01
01-31-2007, 10:05 PM
I ended up second in an election with a good percentage of the vote (ova 30%) even though I wasn't on the island at the time of the election ...

suh mi could probably run again wid ah good campaign .. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif

Gen
01-31-2007, 10:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donnika</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Geneva</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll tell yuh where I DON'T want to end up...6 feet under...so mi will gwaan sattah /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif and learn from unnu </div></div>
LOL! yuh funny girl /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif everybody dies, so might as well fight fi wha yuh want while you're alive </div></div>

yeah that was me...10 years ago..mi was gwine back to JA fi run and change the country ...mi was just finishing up college and had all these bright ideas

ahhhhhhh to be young and naive /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70392-silly.gif

Gen
01-31-2007, 10:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re-Jamaica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more we stay away the closer we bring ourselves to the 6 feet under we say we are afraid of. They continue to come for us one by one or 4 by 4 according to the most recent upsurge in the murder rate in certain parts of the island.

Maybe for persons like you it is behind the scenes work or anonynous support.

Be careful while hiding (often others are there with you - in the same hiding place). Now just who will help whom? </div></div>

a mi alone siddung pan mi balcony star...a mi alone bawn and a mi alone flex /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif

Re-Jamaica
01-31-2007, 11:48 PM
That's the spirit Sinco01. Just think of it you and many others like you running and giving those at home the kind of hope that they long need and deserve. We could maybe even get a 10 year ago version of Geneva and have her as your "change the world" campaign manager - thats if that version of her could avoid the temptation of running for herself in a nearby seat. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Fun aside now, can you all imagine what it would be like to really organise to democratically turn everything around and have the island the way we wish. I think it is possible but we have to become serious and business like. We could make it a real project to support transformational minded persons as candidates to bring home the seats at elections on Jamaica's behalf. Finally paving the way for True Hope. We could really do it - some of us can even assist from their balconies /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

julie*mango
02-01-2007, 07:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Geneva</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donnika</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Geneva</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll tell yuh where I DON'T want to end up...6 feet under...so mi will gwaan sattah /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif and learn from unnu </div></div>
LOL! yuh funny girl /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif everybody dies, so might as well fight fi wha yuh want while you're alive </div></div>

yeah that was me...10 years ago..mi was gwine back to JA fi run and change the country ...mi was just finishing up college and had all these bright ideas

ahhhhhhh to be young and naive /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70392-silly.gif </div></div>

Shoot I was suppose to be the first woman PM. Portia can kip dat title. Wouldn't want to be in her shoes right now.

Tuff Gong
06-29-2009, 01:14 AM
<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Interesting</span>!