• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Questions for the christians

Whatever the religion may be......do you notice the one common being in them all?

Served differently, but recognized the same....so all religions are just wrong then huh?

I'm tired now.....
    I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newtriment</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PDB_Again</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Bredren, hear de setup. Either you believe or you don't. I happen to believe okay? I can't do a thing about your disbelief and there's nothing you can do about mine. I'm not gonna try to persuade you because you believe what you do. Therefore, nothing you say my friend can dissuade me from Christ. Alright. A done mi done yahso. Bless Up </div></div>

There is nothing in my response that indicated that I wish to dissuade you from &quot;christ&quot;,......indeed how can I dissuade you from something I believe to be non existent.

You obviously are somehow convinced you are right in what you believe in and are entrenched in that belief,likewise I too know I am right in what I do not believe in and will remain entrenched in not believing in a doctrine that was forced upon black people through slavery and subsequently brainwashed down through generations,,...its not about persuasion,...its a discussion about beliefs,...you are not under any obligation to participate in the discussion my friend,...the topic heading said &quot;questions for the christians&quot;,..not everyone that claim that they &quot;believe&quot; is a christian </div></div>

Arite Papa - back to regular programmin den.
    <span style="font-size: 14pt">Ecclesiastes 12:13</span>
    <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-family: 'Georgia'">Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear GOD and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    But how much of christianity have you personally studied to confirm the &quot;contradictions,irrationalities,and outward impossible feats&quot;, or are you simply content to repeat what you have heard? And what is a Biblical contradiction anyways? There are myriads of literature that addresses so-called contradictions, it's as if the people claiming them haven't read any of the apologetics. And just because something may seem irrational and outwardly impossible doesn't negate their factuality.
    </div></div>

The entire premise of Creation is factually innaccurate, as depicted in the 2 creation stories of Genesis. We've gone through that before, and yet it still doesn't seem to matter that Paul dug around and made up a shoddy pastiche of a salvation model.

Original Sin, for example, can not be acceptable if one starts from the premise that God is omniscient, all powerful, and omnibenificent, moral, ethical, and just.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> One just need to consider the change in the life of one who genuinely accepts the Good News to see the transforming power of christian coversion on the physical, emotional, social, congnitive, volitional, spiritual, and other domains of personhood. It is only from the human perspective that we deem things irrational and outwardly impossible, and from that perspective I agree with you 100%.
    </div></div>

excepting that you can find the same transformative powers in other religions, in other worthy pursuits which have nothing to do with Christianity or belief in God for that matter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    The separation however comes when I take it one step further and look at those things from God's perspective. From there, nothing is impossible or irrational.
    </div></div>

now CEW, you have admitted that we, being just poorly designed mortals, can not grasp God's perspective- at least when it becomes inconvenient or impossible to use it to satisfactorily explain what people using a pastiche book are trying to get people to believe in. How many times, when confronted with some piece of factual information which points out fallacious scriptural beliefs, do we see the religious shrug their shoulders and invoke God's mystery. It is far more convenient to shrug one's shoulders, plod on, than go and sell all that thou hast...

a noble stroke he lifted high that hung not but swift with tempest fell On Satan's proud crest- no sight nor swift thought, less could his shield such ruin intercept; 10 paces huge he back recoil'd...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PDB_Again</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Arite Papa - back to regular programmin den. </div></div>

I thought you had &quot;done yahso&quot; at leat 3 pages ago,..you just couldnt resist could you,.....you had to do your &quot;christian&quot; thing and return to have the last word in the form of sarcasm,how petty and smallminded of you....it bettah yu did juss lef it papa.

bigger badder and browner !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newtriment</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PDB_Again</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I thought you had &quot;done yahso&quot; at leat 3 pages ago,..you just couldnt resist could you,.....you had to do your &quot;christian&quot; thing and return to have the last word in the form of sarcasm,how petty and smallminded of you....it bettah yu did juss lef it papa.

</div></div>Stop persecute di man. Why yu keep draggin him in here?
    Caribbean Dictionary: http://wiwords.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heretic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newtriment</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PDB_Again</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>Stop persecute di man. Why yu keep draggin him in here? </div></div>

Lol,..he`s got to keep coming back to say that he`s done with this.

bigger badder and browner !