• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Te-tu-re / touch-the-sky

<span style="font-weight: bold">Captains log: 12:30 PM, August 6th, 2008.</span>
    With barely concealed excitement we place the last of our suitcases in the truck and head out the door… We do one last run through… tickets X check… passports X check… cameras X check… books X check… anything forgotten now is just not going to make the trip.

We will go by private car, taxi, airplane, and boat to get to our final destination… 6,291 miles… 13 hours to get as close to paradise as there may possibly be on this earth… Hula dancers, the exotic, heady scent of the Tiare flower, Leis and Volcanoes…. The South Pacific Ocean… French Polynesia!
    We land in Papeete, Tahiti at approximately 12:30 AM August 7th… I am super tired not having slept well on the flight over. Not the fault of the Air Tahiti staff who are exceptionally friendly, and warm, and who go out of their way to ensure that the passengers want for nothing… more so because I am excited and my mind is racing and refuses to settle down… well, also because the seats in the plane are not the most comfortable… but who cares – I am in Tahiti and there is a welcome song and a lei, even at 1AM on a Thursday morning.

Accompanying the Lei is a smiling woman, who guides us to our driver who will take us to our hotel. Bags are safely stowed and we are off to the Sofitel Tahiti. Checking in is a breeze and we are too tired to do anything but fall into the bed… with vague plans to go to Papeete Market the next day.

Re: Te-tu-re / touch-the-sky

<span style="font-weight: bold">DAY 1:</span>

We awaken refreshed and excited… first things first we need to eat something… so quick showers and even quicker dressing and we are off in search of the dining room.

It is on the lower level and is open all around… we speculated briefly on what happens when it rains – but brief was the operative word since the day was bright, beautiful and heaven kissed. We ordered eggs – omelet for him and scrambled for me… there was a surprising lack of anything “native” to partake of… and the poor little “omelet girl” delivered up burnt eggs with cheese. Still this is minor and nothing can even begin to dampen our spirits. Apparently – the birds come regularly for breakfast also and as soon as one’s back is turned they attack the bread… (We made a note NEVER to eat the bread )

We do a quick tour of the beach front - which is beautiful and mostly deserted… we promise ourselves to make use of it after our shopping excursion….

Then we head into the town to see the market (which we had been told was a MUST in order to get a taste of local flavor)… and to try and procure one of the famous Tahitian Black Pearls
    On enquiring about transportation we are told by one of the desk clerks that we ABSOLUTELY MUST take one of the local buses into town (which as it turns out is a truck with three long benches in the back )

WELLLLL I am a Jamaican and I KNOW a little something about travelling by bus like a local and I KNOW it is an overrated experience so – being the obnoxious tourist that we sooooo are NOT.... we opted for a taxi!

at the local bus
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

I swear mi juss hear Wahalla bawl out fi him madda and a axe god why. sinting bout why not him lawd why not him but I may be mistaken.

Well mi hobble pan mi bruk toe come dung yah fi seh MI WANT FI SEE MORE PICTRAS

tonks
    Friends don't let friends sleep alone
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuaX2xpAce0&amp;NR=1

(((Jazz))) Lord, God that beach is beautiful!

(((MMK))) Hope you are on the mend!

trip report
    &quot;When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    V.Frank

Jazz please to hurry up and come wid di rest a pitchas and tory...rain a fall and mi need i occupy mi mind wid sinting odda dan T S FAY...

JAAAZZZZZZZ!!!!! hurry up
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.</span>

Oh yeah...another trip report from Jazz. Looking forward to living vicariously through you.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

The first thing that strikes me about the marklet is how neat and clean it is (of course my point of reference would be Mandeville Market kikikikiki )

Colorful Pareus are everywhere... and you can get a whole wardrobe from one of these TRUST ME... we had a demonstration and this young lady tied them into at least 50 different styles - round the waist, over the breast, on the hips, one tie, two ties \o/ dem good!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tek_weh_yuhself</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

at the local bus </div></div>

*LOL* Gen - de guy seh we muss walk go ova de hill an wait ah de bus stop an we fe tek de Red an wite bus caws de odda wan tek too long \o/ - mi seh no bra bra mi done si how de qwata million dem ah yawd ram - mi nat tekkin no bus

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrsMarieK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I swear mi juss hear Wahalla bawl out fi him madda and a axe god why. sinting bout why not him lawd why not him but I may be mistaken.

Well mi hobble pan mi bruk toe come dung yah fi seh MI WANT FI SEE MORE PICTRAS

tonks </div></div>

*BOAL* - u si how faasniss can mek healing happen