• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rental Car?

Re: Rental Car?

typically - they list the cars in order ... either most expensive to cheapest ... or cheapest to most expensive.

I clicked on their web-site ... when you want to choose the type of car - right now they have the "Toyota Yaris" listed at the bottom of the list - that is their economy level ... the cheapest ~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BanDanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JaJewel check your PM

Laurel or Jitters, can one of you tell me which is the least expensive car on the list at island car rentals?

I am having a hard time figuring it out </div></div>

I got a cheap little Daewo from Island. It was a fun little car but I still prefer a scooter. I would always rent from island.

how much is the deposit? and do you get the insurance?

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

i've rented twice from island, last time in 2006. WEnt to their New Kingston office to get the car. Nice cars, my credit card covered the insurance.

This year i left it too late, and there were no cars available from island. so i used Sunrise instead - they're in Kingston on HOpe Road. Nice car, cyaan memba the make - it was mid-sized. $60US/day. $1500US deposit on credit card, refunded when car is returned.
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

My deposit has been $750 ... or the last time it was $850 because I had the car for a full two weeks.

the insurance offered is $25.00 per day for full coverage with a lower deductable ... or $12.00 per day for full coverage and a higher deductable.

I take the $12.00 per day along with a plenty of PRAYER ... cuz I would NOT want to pay ANY deductable ....

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JitterBug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i rent from island car rental straight out of the airport.

great service, cheap prices, brand new cars . . . win/win all the way around . . . </div></div>

Ditto. And they don't charge a drop off fee to return the car to another location.

I have never rented from anyone else. I used them the first time, was satisfied, and kept on using them. Plus they always have the lowest rates.
    7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Administrator

Deposit. I think they held a deposit on my cc. Not sure how much it was.

And if you use a gold Mastercard, the insurance is covered.

Hey MG, I didn't see a trip report from you.

right - I put the deposit on my AMEX ... and pay the bill with my Visa Check Card ... so - I do not actually use a credit card for any of the transation - cuz the deposit is never processed ... just &quot;held&quot; ...

right - if you do have Gold or Platinum cards - sometimes the deposit is covered - mine is not ... so it run as a 'hold' ...

Administrator

Laurel,

Island Car Rental only covers insurance using a gold mastercard.