• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangkok & India

Administrator
    I didn't take any photos at the spa. But lordy, that Thai massage was wonderful. I felt like I could fly afterwards. There are spas on literally every block and of course I had to experience the famous Thai massage. Walked down the street from the hotel and looked in a few spas and found one that wasn't too glitzy, too rustic or too sleazy.

Shoes had to be removed and left outside the building, right on the sidewalk entrance to the building. Good thing I didn't wear my Jimmy Choos. I met my masseuse and she started by washing my feet. Then she gave me a pair of disposable slippers and led me to her room. The massage room was basically a small private cubicle off a long hallway. There was a thin mattress on the ground with minimal lighting and aromatherapy set up in the corner. I was instructed to undress and put on a white t-shirt and a pair of Hammer pants that were on the mattress.

This was my first Thai massage and it was unlike any other I have ever had. Instead of rubbing and kneading, she applied pressure to with the meaty part of her hands. That's all I can say of the technique, I am not an expert on the various types of massage. But I do know, hands down, this was the best massage I ever had.

Oh, and the icing on the cake was that it was the equivalent of $10 USD for a 60 minute massage.

After the massage I changed back to my street clothes and when reached the lobby my masseuse had prepared a cup of ginger tea. I sat on the couch, sipped the tea and enjoyed the after effects of the massage.
    7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Administrator
    Temple of the Emerald Buddha. The place was like a college campus. Several buildings and whole heap of grassy lawns. I don't know much about Buddhism and didn't hire a guide to give the history and guided tour of the complex so I really don't have much details. But I do have photos. Anyone with any info on the religion, please feel free to share. If you have any info on the symbolism of any of the photos, please let us know.

This is at the entrance

DSCF1323.jpg

Around the grounds

DSCF1324.jpg

DSCF1325.jpg

Administrator

Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
    This is a painting with gold inlay.

DSCF1352.jpg

DSCF1354.jpg

Administrator

Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
    Taking pictures and wearing shoes was prohibited in the museum and the temple where the Emerald Buddha was on display. I hope display isn't an offensive term, but I really don't know how else to describe it. In the temple there was no talking and no pointing feet at the Buddha. Those who chose to kneel and sit had to keep their feet tucked under them or sit Indian style.

I stood and enjoyed the beauty of the building and watched as others 'worshiped'.