• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: President-Elect Obama's Beautiful Family

love this one of the younger one, she still have likkle baby fat left

“Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

more coordinating of the colors

“Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

My favorite

And he will slay any Dragon for me [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif[/img]

&quot;&quot;Let your words always be gracious, seasoned with salt&quot; (Col. 4:6).

&quot;&quot;Let your words always be gracious, seasoned with salt&quot; (Col. 4:6).

Administrator

yes you can see who have who wrapped around her finger in this one

what also comforts me is that I am not the only one whose daughter hair starts going all ova the place an hour after it get combed
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

...Reshaping ...Family Values

&quot;As president, obviously the day I am inaugurated, the racial dynamics in this country will change to some degree. If you’ve got Michelle as first lady, and Malia and Sasha running around on the South Lawn, that changes how America looks at itself,” Democratic Nominee Barack Obama told ESSENCE magazine this past summer.

Of all the stirring images we have witnessed over the past week, none will stick with me more than the one I saw yesterday when President-Elect Barack Obama emerged with school papers in his hand from his parent-teacher conference (along with America's next First Lady Michelle Obama) at daughter Malia's elementary school.

Not since the Huxtables (e.g., the Cosby show) have we witnessed two black professionals so devoted to each other and to their children. I am loving the positive imagery and symbolism of this new President and First Lady. It is going to do wonders for &quot;black love&quot; in America, and I dare say for an entire generation of young people who will grow up watching this young first couple balance marriage and family with grace.

Our collective elation as a people and as a nation is the culmination of 400 years of struggle and progress in the area of race relations. Some of us are downright giddy, I dare say Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice seemed a bit pleased herself at the election results last Tuesday. I'll go a step further, I think President Bush was pleased by the outcome--not that he did not want his friend Senator McCain to win, or to see his Party go down to such political feat; but, he understood like us all that America had achieved a major milestone and that we had broken through the ultimate glass ceiling by electing our nation's first black President.

The symbolism and substance of the Obamas living in the &quot;White House&quot; will be profound. The age old stereotypes about how black people act, live, and think will be slowly broken down. Just look at some of the comments posts on this blog--they never cease to amaze me (smiling). What I think will be most important is that young black men will see a powerful black man who is deeply involved with his children, and who openly adores and admires his wife. His beautiful, strong, intelligent black woman.

I'd better go before I start crying again (been doing a lot of that lately). Let me be the first to say that I am so hopeful for the black community, and for a reshaping of our values and behavior. Maybe we will have a return to old-fashioned courting, letter writing, respect, admiration, and enduring friendship between men and women. God knows we need this so desperately in the black family right now.

In the meantime, like President Elect Obama likes to say--he can't read to our children for us, or spend time with our loved ones. Only we can do that. I believe black America is going to be profoundly changed by this Presidency and by this marriage of these two brilliant souls (I'm not talking about just intellect--but about character).

Mrs. Obama said it best when she said:

&quot;Barack knows that at some level there's a hole in our souls, and he is the only person in this race who understands that; that before we can work on the problems we have to fix our souls. Our souls are broken in this nation.&quot;

I agree.

political intersection.com

Show me your papers.

they are so adorable

beautiful kids
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>