• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dishwasher
    More Photos from Day 3 - Tour of the the Pelourinho Historic Centre of Salvador da Bahia, Brazillian Ballet and more matches

Had this fruit salad which was sweetened with condensed milk and syrup

Some of the dancers pose with the Jamaican flag

This Brazilian man was extremely happy to meet a Jamaican

Out of Many One People Online
    http://www.jamaicans.com

Dishwasher
    Day 4 - Praia de Forte Beach and World Cup matches
    We headed to the beach called Praia de Forte Beach. It was about 45 minutes away. On the way there we got stopped at a police checkpoint. The driver got out the minivan with his documents and showed the police officer. After inspecting the documents he handed them back to the driver and we were back on our way. The beach was in a tourist type area. There were little shops and restaurants everywhere. We decided on a restaurant we would meet at to watch the match. The beach was filled with a mixture of locals and tourists. The beach shoreline was calm with smooth rocks and pockets where you could swim, however in the distance you could see strong waves. There were surfers riding the strong wave. We walked along the beach until it was game time. I ate, watched the games and walked around. Every shop and restaurant had a TV so it was easy to keep up with the scores. Before we left I went back to the beach as I heard drumming. There were some kids getting lessons from an adult on drumming. They were using pans and drums to make great music. I went back down to the beach and to my amazement it was barely there, high tide had come in. There were no longer people on the beach but now fishermen pushing out their boats to sea. Overall it was a relaxing day.

This roasted cheese on a stick was great.

Dishwasher
    Day 5 - Walking the neighborhood and departure home

Half the group was going to the Portugal vs Spain match while the other half was staying at the villa. I was in the half staying at the villa.

We were going to explore the neighborhood. We started walking and I found a billboard with Bob Marley's image on it. Our first stop was the supermarket. I love to see what is on the shelves and the fruits. Most of the vegetables and fruits we recognized, however there were a few we did not. We bought a few ice cream fudges then headed to the farmers market which was close by.

There were about 8 vendors there. We were drawn to 1 specific vendor because of his friendly demeanor. He joke around with me and taught me a "handshake". We bought fruits from him including sweetsop.

Next it was off to the nearby beach where we spent a few hours before going back to watch the World Cup games. We were able to watch the Germany vs Portugal game and also the Iran vs Nigeria game. We then left for the airport where we watched the Ghana vs USA game. There were areas set up in the airport with big screen TVís for fans to watch the game. Most of the people watching in the airport were cheering for Ghana. Our flight was delayed so we were able to watch the US win the game 2-1. The atmosphere watching the game in the airport was great as the fans were cheering and screaming at the TV as they cheered for their team. It was a nice way to end to our trip to Brazil.

Enjoying this report. I will be in Salvador in September. I'll just use your photos

Dishwasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Peasie View Post
    Enjoying this report. I will be in Salvador in September. I'll just use your photos
    Thanks Peasie. We have a great time there. We would have stayed longer but the accommodation rates were just so high because of the World Cup. Everyone I talk to who knows Brazil says it is one of the best places to visit. In face one of the members of our group went back this week to watch the USA vs Belgium match. She had airline miles. You will certainly enjoy it. Can't wait to see your photos.

Administrator
    Cool pictures; would have loved to have seen more of the local sights though
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

Quote Originally Posted by RichD View Post
    yes, even though him mix up bamboo avenue wid fern gully
    Bamboo avenue- well I do declare old chap..

**put u pan di mitigation list too**

Di name of di place is 'ollan bamboo. Get it right!

Fantastic pics! Love their colors. That one w the painted steps is a fave I think. I like the super Jcanman (w the flag), and the garbed lady in door- beautiful.

You w the Nether feathered couple could be a Vegas promo- dem festive bad- how dem pack dat inna dey luggage

What was the food like- lotsa seafood, but was it tasty? How u fi poas one deggeh deggeh food pic + call this a report?!? Try nuh fall back pan di cheese stick needa hmph! Btw- fruit with condense mmilk AND syrup ohgoshman. How dat go?

The 'audio VW' was advertizing supm? Bug inna good condition man. They don't have lotsa old cars like Cuba tho rt?
    Last edited by tuffstuff; 07-13-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffstuff View Post
    Bamboo avenue- well I do declare old chap..

**put u pan di mitigation list too**

Di name of di place is 'ollan bamboo. Get it right!
    a down deh yuh come from? ..only the locals call it that
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Germany to di worl