• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

Originally posted by kumba1:
    [qb] Take your point. But see what you can find out and we'll take it from there. [/qb]
    Peace!
    <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

count me in on this...i'm willing to put some money in the pot.
    you will always mistreat that which you misdiagnose.

Originally posted by jaith:
    [qb] count me in on this...i'm willing to put some money in the pot. [/qb]
    Peace....let me find out first if I can get in touch with the writer of the story!

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Kumba1 and Jaith I have sent an email to the gleaner seeking to get the email of the author of the article. So we will see how it goes!

same here..I would be willing to give a few hundred dollors(canadian that is)
    You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

Originally posted by remo:
    [qb]
    same here..I would be willing to give a few hundred dollors(canadian that is) [/qb]
    Good.....and thanks, I don't think we need much more than that, she said she needs JA$10000. Anyway I am still waiting on an answer from the editor. I am thinking when we are able to go forward to have the money sent to X-Man and let him donate it in the name of Jamaicans.Com-Marcia!

Peace

TG a very good topic. I know too well the plight of mothers like her, but I too have been in situations where I have given money to start chicken farms, arts/craft, clothing for tourist industry, crochet, etc - I have seen 10s of thousands of US Dollars go down the drain on a lot of Dianes, so be careful. Once she gets that money, you or anyone dare not ask for account of what she is doing or did with it. Been there - and it is not pretty. Diane is far better than a lot of others we have tried to help over the years and to-date we have nothing to show for it - except for that empty feeling you get when you have been jilted by a sad story.

I wish this Diane person all the best and her children too - but whatever you decide to do to assist her - do it with an open mind - and do not get your hopes up too high.
    I'm a Proverbs 31 Woman...

some months ago there was a similar case and MarieK had posted the info on the board and others came up with the idea of helping, Marie got info from the Jamaican paper and members were very interested in giving, but the plan did not come true as one member spread propoganda on her that she Marie was looking the funds for herself - Ah sah, [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] anyhow wish you luck you may be able to pull this one through
    Let me use my head and not my heart

Originally posted by Tuff Gong:
    [qb]
    Originally posted by remo:
    [qb]
    same here..I would be willing to give a few hundred dollors(canadian that is) [/qb]
    Good.....and thanks, I don't think we need much more than that, she said she needs JA$10000. Anyway I am still waiting on an answer from the editor. I am thinking when we are able to go forward to have the money sent to X-Man and let him donate it in the name of Jamaicans.Com-Marcia!

Peace [/qb]
    I like the idea of donating the money in the name of JA.com-Marcia. It was something I was considering but I wasn't sure what the reaction would be to using Marcia's name. But I am sure with her love for Jamaica, she would not object.
    The grass is always greener on the other side, that is until you get there

Zeko , I've also been there many times giving support to individuals in Africa. Some make good use of the support, others use and abuse it. I did initially get angry, but then reality set in. Some you can help some you can't, but I am willing to take a chance. If this lady wastes this opportunity, then what have we lost. Not very much financially, perhaps some loss of faith in human nature, but the next person can give that back. Time is the master and we will not know unless we try.

Leonie, I did wonder what the problem was with MarieK. This is sad that a person can be defamed for trying to help another. Bad minded people or what?
    The grass is always greener on the other side, that is until you get there