• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Romantic Jamaican Valentine Contest 2009 (ENTER HERE)

6 years ago there was a tired old girl,
    Bruised, battered and bitter by love and the world.
    She gets on a plane, waves her old life goodbye
    Way up up up and far away does she fly.

The best that she hopes for was sand, wood and sun
    Two sweet weeks of rest; a short season of fun.
    Making memories to help combat the strife
    Of rotating boyfriends and work-a-day life.

How could she know as she gets out of the car
    And walks to the spot that she sees that you are,
    He's stranger she'll know for the rest of her days
    Whose love will change her in unknowable ways

His goodness shines out like a beam in the dark
    But she's been so hurt that she thinks it's a lark.
    She has never seen love given with such ease
    Or a heart so open, so eager to please.

They go through 2 weeks like those spent in a dream
    And just can't believe things are just as they seem.
    She leaves in a daze of confusion and doubt
    Still not beliving what his love was about

That was 6 years ago, and by now I well know
    What happens when faith causes true love to grow.
    Each day our marriage continues to shine
    And that is the story of my valentine.
    Baby, my one and only desire
    Is to find some way in the doggone world
    To make this feeling last - Prince Rogers Nelson

You gave me goose bumps... please check your PM
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    That’s not right. That’s not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

(((jahbuddah)))

Keep the faith . .

<span style="font-size: 11pt">Rachael's belly flopped as she clicked the &quot;buy now&quot; button. She knew she was crazy for doing it, yet her heart cheered her on...

All she could think about since he proposed was seeing him again. She thought herself completely insane last week when the idea came to her, yet some how everything had fallen into place. As she thought the words the itinerary confirmation e-mail popped in her inbox, there was no turning back now.
    She couldn't wait to see the look on his face.

She looked at the clock, 9:30 his time.

Quickly she dialed Naomi's number. &quot;Naomi, I got my ticket, I can't believe I'm doing this. You get everything done for me&quot;?

&quot;Yes Rachael, mi set it all up girl yuh noh fi worry, the place will be ready when yuh reach pon Saturday. John will be waiting to pick you up at the airport, send me a text when yuh ready an mi will bring mi bredda come.&quot;

&quot;Thanks again Naomi, I owe you big time.&quot;

Rachael put the phone down and sat there trying to catch her breath. They had met a year ago and it had felt like fate from the beginning. Rachael had traveled down a few times in that year, but this past New Year’s was more than she could have hoped for. With her family in tow she had flown to JA, fighting the knots in her stomach the whole way…

Would they like him? Would he like them? So much of her heart had been riding on that trip, and Arnie had made it everything she could have dreamed for and more. He had made her Father truly smile again after so many years of sorrow. He went out of his way to make sure her sister wanted for nothing, and the way his face lit up when he saw her son was enough to melt any mother's heart. When the clock struck midnight on New Year’s Eve he got down on bended knee and asked her to honor him by spending the rest of their lives together.

It was one month later and she still could not believe it. She could not imagine her life without him and she could not wait to stand up in front of all she knew and promise to love and cherish him until death do they part. Rachael took marriage seriously and she was ready. However <span style="font-weight: bold">that</span> day was still to come.

For now she was determined to make this the MOST ROMANTIC Valentine’s Day of his life!
    Well, until next year anyway…

Her carry-on was filled with Godiva Chocolates, massage oil, candles, rose petals, and lingerie she had to chuckle... who flies to Jamaica for one night...?? Like something out of a book or movie, her life had been a romance novel from the day she laid eyes on that man and this was going to be a very good chapter, she could tell already.

She was through customs and in that sweet Jamaican air in no time and there was John, all smiles to see her. John had been there from the beginning and he knew how happy his cargo was going to make Arnie. She was all his best friend had talked about for a year now.

John hoped to someday find a love like that. It was the kind of love so strong even the people around them could feel it.

It had been so hard to keep her secret last night when Arnie had been so upset. He could not understand why, after a year of calling to wake her each morning she had said she would not be able to talk to him until afternoon. If the man had thought about it a little, he might have figured out she was coming. Instead he had buried himself in a red label and drove John nuts with his wondering aloud what could possibly keep Rachael away on Valentines morning…

Last week John had taken Naomi to get the extra keys from the grounds keeper so he knew right where he was going. As they pulled in the driveway and around the house, Rachael inhaled deeply and then let out a small cry. There was no way she could have prepared herself for that view

She thought of how it would look tonight all lit up with lights and that brought her back to reality. No time to waste, it was already 9am she had 20 hours left on the island. She got the key from John, kissed him on the cheek and thanked him again for everything.

The place was small for a villa, yet so open and airy with mirrored walls and marble floors. It was better than she had expected.
    She went straight to the master bedroom and started to unpack...

She set candles up around the room and in the bathroom around the Jacuzzi tub.

She found the stereo for the surround sound and filled all 5 slots with CD’s she had burned of their love songs.
    The music filled the house, and she had to turn it up and do a little dance before she headed to the shower.
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jbj42N1PYOc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jbj42N1PYOc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

She took her time and groomed every inch of her body for him and then she dressed in her new silk lingerie.

In the kitchen she found everything exactly as she requested it. There was fresh fruit of every kind, whip cream, champagne. She brought the large silver tray into the bedroom and set it on the hope chest at the foot of the bed. She sprinkled silk rose petals all over the bed and along the floor making a trail to the front door.

Her fingers were shaking as she sent Naomi the txt “I’m ready for him” )

And then she laid there and waited…

Arnold was hesitant; he didn’t like not knowing what was going on. He still couldn’t reach Rachael, and he felt a twinge of pain in his head reminding him of what a mess he had been the night before. It had been hard to get out of bed and help Naomi this morning. But she had just dropped him off here, handed him a key and said go inside. Arnie gave up trying to figure it out. He approached the door and turned the key slowly as if he wasn’t supposed to be there. When the door swung open and he saw the first rose petal his whole body tensed. Could it, could it really, oh my God could she be here????

All hesitation was gone and he leaped over the threshold following the trail of roses. It felt like one of those nightmares where you are running your fastest and still going in slow motion. He wanted to cry out to her but his voice failed him, then he rounded the corner and their eyes met. He stopped in the door frame overcome with so much emotion he could not take another step. He stood there memorizing every detail of her laying on that bed of roses.

“Happy Valentines Day My Love”

Her voice was like flame to a match and with that spark he quickly closed the space between them.

How cruel the space between them seemed sometimes.

Yet here she was, in his arms once again. One month, it felt like forever and like yesterday at the same time. He held her face between his palms and smiled down at her. She amazed him more and more every day. She made him believe in love like this.

He gently kissed her face in a different spot between each word he spoke...

“Rachael… my… love… you.. are… the… most… beautiful… vision… mi eva… see.”

That last kiss landed on her lips and with it, he slowly pushed her back on to the bed...
    </span>
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    That’s not right. That’s not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

oh sweet Jesus ....

wait ... I gotta clear the steam off my reading glasses ~

wheeewww ....

so - Xie ... a who ya winner???

((((bandanna))))

i love you like fresh toast with butter

Dishwasher

This was one of the toughest contest to judge. It was very close. And I really mean very close. We do have a winner...Drum roll please...The winner is Seveen.
    Out of Many One People Online
    http://www.jamaicans.com