• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My body may be stuck here.... but my heart is in Jamaica.

Ghomeshi Sexual Harassment Case: What is your take?

This story is all over the news in Canada. It has to do with relationships that degenerate into "he says, she says". He claims it was consensual kinky sex. The women claim it was consensual sex but the kinky part wasn't.

What is your take on this?

Here is a summary:

Evening of October 26 –The Toronto Star publishes a story containing allegations from three women who say Ghomeshi was physically violent to them without their consent during sexual encounters or in the run-up to such encounters.“The three women interviewed by the Star …allege he struck them with a closed fist or open hand; bit them; choked them until they almost passed out; covered their nose and mouth so that they had difficulty breathing; and that they were verbally abused during and after sex. A fourth woman, who worked at CBC, said Ghomeshi told her at work: “I want to hate f— you,” read the report.
    Through his lawyer, Ghomeshi said he “does not engage in non-consensual role play or sex and any suggestion of the contrary is defamatory,” according to the Star.
    Monday October 27 – Ghomeshi’s lawyers file a lawsuit upped to $55-million, plus special damages, alleging breach of confidence, bad faith and defamation by the public broadcaster.
    Here is the timeline:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1647091/ti...jian-ghomeshi/

My take is that if the women did not for a man they barely knew would note be in this position. Before you take this stop with any man, isn't it wise to know him first and to at least have discussed his sexual proclivities?

To sleep with a man you hardly know and then cry about it later sounds like a bit much to me. What is your take on this?

My take? This is why women should not until they know a man REALLY well and what he is into.

If they had kept their drawz on, this would never have happened.

There I said it.
    Last edited by Tropicana; 11-10-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Now new reports are coming out.

New reports in the Toronto Star and Canadaland podcast detail further allegations of sexual harassment in the workplace by former CBC radio host Jian Ghomeshi.Ghomeshi was fired by CBC on Oct. 26, leading him to defend his "tastes in the bedroom" on Facebook and launch a $55-million wrongful dismissal lawsuit. In the days since, several women have made allegations in media reports of sexual and physical abuse as well as workplace harassment. Toronto police have also opened an investigation after three women filed complaints. Now, there are new allegations involving CBC employees, interns and jobseekers.
    The Toronto Star reported today that, according to a former student and a journalism professor, Western University J-school students were warned against internships at Ghomeshi’s CBC radio show "Q" due to "concerns about 'inappropriate' behaviour toward young women by the now-fired host."
    The anonymous woman Veri was referring to also elaborated on the alleged 2010 incident in the National Post, where she said she informed an executive producer."[His] comment to me was …'He's never going to change, you're a malleable person, let’s talk about how you can make this a less toxic work environment for you. No one was going to talk to Jian, he was too big. The show was a EDIT juggernaut at that point. His face and name were inextricably linked with the brand of Q."
    The second woman, a Montreal-based CBC producer who "dreamed of being on Q,"told the Toronto Star she met Ghomeshi at a book signing and alleges he took her to his hotel room and threw her against the wall. She says she performed EDIT “to get out of there” and didn’t complain to managers because “I felt like Jian was CBC god."
    Yet another report emerged on Friday, published in Headspace and written by Elisabeth Faure, whom the site describes as "a Concordia journalism graduate, former CBC Montreal employee and Q intern."
    So all these women were harrassed and said nothing. I find that very hard to believe in this day and age.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11...n_6084324.html

This story I believe:

Sheila Copps says NDP MPs opening up about harassment could force change

Sheila Copps says she can empathize with two female New Democrat MPs who are reluctant to talk about their explosive allegations of inappropriate conduct by two of their Liberal colleagues.The former deputy prime minister revealed Monday she was raped years ago by a boyfriend and sexually assaulted by a fellow legislator when she was a novice member of Ontario's legislature.
    Still, says Copps, the two anonymous New Democrats could take an initial step towards changing attitudes towards sexual harassment by lodging formal complaints about what happened.
    "They have enough power in their own voices to be open and that's how you change it," Copps said in an interview Monday.
    "It's not as though this is an employee who's at risk of being fired or demoted."
    That said, Copps stopped short of directly encouraging the pair to speak out.
    "I think it's their decision.... I've already made a comment about Jian Ghomeshi without having all the facts and I don't want to repeat that."

Copps initially defended Ghomeshi's right to due process after the CBC radio star was fired for alleged sexual violence towards women. As many as nine women have subsequently come forward with allegations, including three who've formally complained to police.
    In the midst of the Ghomeshi scandal, Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau last week suspended Massimo Pacetti and Scott Andrews from his caucus after a female New Democrat directly complained to him about "serious personal misconduct" experienced by herself and another NDP MP.New Democrats have subsequently lashed out at Trudeau for "revictimizing" the women, although he was careful not to identify their names, gender or party affiliation. NDP Leader Tom Mulcair has said he knew about the incidents but did not pursue them at the request of the women, who didn't want the matter made public.
    Copps wrote in a column published Monday in The Hill Times that, unlike the Ghomeshi case – where allegations have now been referred to police – "unfortunately no Canadian police force can investigate a complaint on Parliament Hill."
    "The Hill workplace is not subject to provincial labour laws, which offer protection in every other place of employment in Ontario."
    In her own case, Copps did not tell anyone when — as a neophyte, 28-year-old Liberal member of the Ontario legislature — she was sexually assaulted by a Conservative colleague.
    They were both members of a committee which had travelled to northern Ontario, ironically during a study of violence against women. Committee members had worked all day and gone as a group to dinner before retiring to their rooms, all booked in the same hotel.
    Copps and her Conservative counterpart got off the elevator on the same floor, whereupon she said: "He literally jumped me and pushed me up against the wall and tried to start kissing me and fondling my breasts."
    "I did resolve it with use of my basketball skills by giving a knee in the place where it hurts. He never came near me again and that was the end of it."
    Copps said she never complained to anyone about the incident because she felt she'd dealt with the matter satisfactorily herself. She did write about it some years later in her first book on her experiences as a young, female politician in what was then an almost exclusively male preserve.
    At the time, Copps was one of only six women in Ontario's legislature.
    Before entering the political realm, Copps did go to the police about being raped by a man she had been dating. The police advised her there was no point in pursuing the matter since it would be his word against hers and there was little likelihood of a conviction.
    The police did, however, visit the man to let him know his behaviour was unacceptable and Copps got what she wanted, which was "to be protected from him."
    As an MP from 1993 to 2004, Copps said she was never sexually assaulted, although male colleagues often said inappropriate things to her, including having a Conservative MP call her a slut — in the House of Commons.
    "Oh God, yeah," she said with a laugh.
    "When you're a woman in a man's world, that tends to come out more quickly than it would otherwise ... I think that's the nature of any workplace and you kind of have to find ways to manage it because there are going to be crude people everywhere."
    Today, Copps noted there are more women in politics and far less tolerance for sexual harassment or assault.
    Kathleen Wynne, Ontario's first female premier, said Monday that "it's a good thing" that people like Copps are speaking up about their experiences.
    "Then we need to make sure that we have a reaction that we can deal with those situations sensitively and appropriately," Wynne said.
    Copps approved of Trudeau's decision to punt the two Liberals accused of inappropriate conduct, saying once an NDP MP complained directly to him, the Liberal leader had a duty to act.
    "It's not fair to suggest that he should be the recipient of the information and then do nothing about it."
    Nevertheless, she said the matter has exposed the fact that the Commons has no process for dealing with complaints by one MP against another or for ensuring an accused MP gets a fair hearing — unlike any other workplace.
    Insiders do not expect any movement on the issue until Nov. 25, when the secretive, multi-party board of internal economy is next scheduled to meet. Liberals want a neutral, third party appointed to independently investigate the allegations.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/49...-sheila-copps/

The others accusing of kinky sex, mi ting dem did and then find that, TV personality or TV personality not, he was a weirdo into kinky stuff. Is that non-consensual? Part of it yes but the rest.....they should have found out what he was into before getting started with him....

Should he be charged? Heck yes and the jury will have to sort it out. It's a lesson to all women though.

Update: Since this story was published on Wednesday afternoon, four more women have come forward with allegations that Jian Ghomeshi assaulted them. One of the women, Canadian actress Lucy DeCoutere, claims Ghomeshi choked and slapped her without consent. Another woman, who remains anonymous, alleged on CBC radio Wednesday evening that Ghomeshi punched her repeatedly in the head without warning.
    Twenty-four hours: a single, sordid day. That’s roughly how long it took for Jian Ghomeshi, beloved creator and host of CBC’s syndicated radio show, Q, to implode on a national stage. On Sunday, Oct. 26, the CBC fired the 47-year-old host for vague and mysterious reasons; new “information” had come across the CBC’s desk, it stated, which precluded the public broadcaster from continuing a relationship with Ghomeshi. Fans barely had time to guess at what those reasons were before Ghomeshi solved the mystery for them: He had been fired, he alleged, on account of his unorthodox sex life, which he detailed in a Facebook confessional that reads like something out of the television show Scandal.
    “Let me be the first to say that my tastes in the bedroom may not be palatable to some folks,” he wrote, expressing what may be the understatement of the century. “But this is my private life. And no one, and certainly no employer, should have dominion over what people do consensually in their private life.” Ghomeshi’s private life, he claims in the now-viral Facebook post, is full of BDSM—bondage, discipline and sadomasochism—something he alleges he practised consensually with his sexual partners, including an ex-girlfriend of two years
    [/QUOTE]

Stick a pin, how can a woman have kinky sex with a guy for 2 years and then claim it was not consensual?

.....he does not name, but who he claims colluded with a freelance journalist to launch “a campaign of false allegations” against him. The freelance journalist he references is presumably Jesse Brown, one of two reporters who broke a story in the Toronto Star late on Sunday night detailing anonymous allegations of sexual assault and harassment made against the former Qhost. (Full disclosure: Brown is my cousin.)
    Ghomeshi is suing his former employer for $55 million, for defamation, breach of confidence and punitive damages, alleging that the CBC fired him because it couldn’t stomach his perfectly healthy and consensual kinky proclivities. But the four anonymous sources cited in the Toronto Star story by Brown and investigative reporter Kevin Donovan claim their experiences with Ghomeshi were not consensual.
    One woman, a former Q staffer, told the Star in its published report that the host groped her rear end in the studio and whispered in her ear at a staff meeting that he’d like to “hate f–k her.” The Star reported that the other three women interviewed for the piece claimed that Ghomeshi “struck them with a closed fist or open hand; bit them; choked them until they almost passed out; covered their nose and mouth so that they had difficulty breathing.”

The women told the Star they have chosen not to report their allegations to the police for the same reasons many people choose not to report sexual assault claims: They fear they’ll be discredited and humiliated in the press and on social media.
    Pay attention to this next part.

Some of them told the paper they also assume that a digital trail of texts and emails with Ghomeshi, in which they suggest an interest in BDSM and rough sex, might incriminate them ....

So in emails they said they were into rough sex and now after the fact they are complaining that the guy got rough. Anyone else confused?
    ....or, at least, discredit them further.
    This next part sound like mumbo jumbo to me.

But emailing your partner with the suggestion that you might entertain trying out some kinky moves in the bedroom, as one or more of these women might have done, is not an open invitation for him to knock you out or choke you during sex.

The law demands not merely consent before sex, but “ongoing consent,” something that’s difficult to define in the realm of BDSM and, therefore, built into the rules and rituals. “You can’t consent in advance,” says Brenda Cossman, a University of Toronto law professor who specializes in sexual behaviour and the law.

Nor can you consent to an assault that causes bodily harm (except, Cossman notes, in cases of athletics—hockey and boxing, for example—where bodily harm is deemed to have “social value”). This may mean that, regardless of written or oral permission to punch, bite or choke a sexual partner, anyone who commits those acts may be in violation of Canada’s consent laws anyway.

Don't get me wrong this guy is one of those self-loathing Asians I speak about from time to time and he is clearly slime bucket but it seems that at least some of these women are crying wolf after the fact.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/s...s-and-the-cbc/

Jian Ghomeshi, Former Canadian Radio Host, Charged With Four Counts of Sexual Assault

Jian Ghomeshi, a former radio host for Canadian broadcaster CBC, surrendered to Toronto authorities on Wednesday and has been charged with four counts of sexual assault and one count of choking.Ghomeshi, 47, was released on bail after a court appearance several hours later.
    Toronto police declined to release specific details about the charges, but a number of women have filed police complaints against him. He was fired from his job at the CBC on Oct. 26.
    According to the Globe and Mail in Toronto, Ghomeshi posted a response to the allegations on Facebook, but it was later removed. He claimed that he had done nothing wrong and that “everything I have done has been consensual.”
    Toronto police announced that they were conducting an investigation on Nov. 1. At that time, a police spokeswoman said that three women had contacted them. More women have since come forward in the media to allege physical or sexual abuse or harassment.
    “Through a statement released to the media, we became aware that person or persons had viewed graphic evidence of physical injury to a woman,” a police spokeswoman said earlier this month. “As a result, we are requesting that any member of the public come forward with any video, photograph, social media chats relating to this investigation.”
    On Tuesday, Ghomeshi withdrew a $55 million lawsuit he filed against the CBC after his firing, and instead will pursue a union grievance, according to the Globe and Mail.
    http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/jia...lt-1201365536/

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropicana View Post

Don't get me wrong this guy is one of those self-loathing Asians I speak about from time to time and he is clearly slime bucket but it seems that at least some of these women are crying wolf after the fact.

he is Iranian .
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Quote Originally Posted by RichD View Post
    he is Iranian .
    Hmm first self-loathing Iranian I have encountered. He looks East Indian.

Nothing conclusive about origin of name.

Ghomeshi Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity

No one has submitted information on Ghomeshi country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section

Ghomeshi Meaning & Etymology

No one has submitted information on Ghomeshi meaning and etymology.

Man he certainly is a dawgasaurus fi true.

Star says Ghomeshi showed CBC graphic sex videos

Jian Ghomeshi showed CBC brass graphic videos of sexual encounters, which included beatings and bondage, as proof that his violent encounters with women were consensual, sources have told the Toronto Star. Before being fired by the broadcaster last weekend, Ghomeshi had become aware that allegations against him were about to surface, and had brought in the videos as evidence that, as a source told the Star, "how bruising could happen and it could still be consensual."Ghomeshi features in the videos, which featured "scenarios where Jian Ghomeshi asks, for example, a woman to do something and she does it," the source told the Star. In his initial public statement after being fired by the network Sunday, the host said he "voluntarily showed evidence that everything I have done has been consensual. I did this in good faith and because I know, as I have always known, that I have nothing to hide. This when the CBC decided to fire me."
    The attempt, of course, backfired. In a new internal memo to employees leaked online Friday afternoon, the CBC confirmed that at a Thursday, October 23 meeting with Ghomeshi, they saw "graphic evidence that Jian had caused physical injury to a woman" and found it to be "fundamentally unacceptable for any employee." He was officially terminated three days later. The memo also confirms that Ghomeshi first notified them of a possible Toronto Star investigation into his conduct this spring. Read the full memo here.
    http://www.blogto.com/arts/2014/10/s...ic_sex_videos/