• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenten Fast

Lenten Fast

I plan to do one this year, following the one i did successfully about 5 years ago - 2 snacks and 1 meal per day except on Sundays.

My goal is physical and spiritual renewal.

Anyone else have any plans to mark Lent?
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Re: Lenten Fast

I give up meat...except fish..and di occassional chicken

but no more bully beef

<span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>

when is lent?

starts this (Ash) Wednedsay, Feb. 25 and ends Good Friday, April 10.

wonder if mi can give up Likka? is 40 days right?

hmmmmm I wonder....

mi dis realize seh mi gwine be a yawd dem time deh...lawd ow mi a go manage widout di jerk trentan
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> wonder if mi can give up Likka? is 40 days right?

hmmmmm I wonder.... </div></div>

I gave it up one year, I thought cho a nuh nutten cause me only drink when me out and me nah go no where, well is like everybody had a birthday party or some sort of celebration I was never invited out as much as during dem 40 days, I survived it though. I nearly drunk pon di communion wine Easter sunday it fly right up inna mi head.... I am thinking of giving up beer this year, cause since I move dem drink whole heap a beer here and so I think I will give it up.
    Psalm 27: The Lord is my Light and my Salvation whom shall I fear?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seemiyah</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> wonder if mi can give up Likka? is 40 days right?

hmmmmm I wonder.... </div></div>

I gave it up one year, I thought cho a nuh nutten cause me only drink when me out and me nah go no where, well is like everybody had a birthday party or some sort of celebration I was never invited out as much as during dem 40 days, I survived it though. I nearly drunk pon di communion wine Easter sunday it fly right up inna mi head.... I am thinking of giving up beer this year, cause since I move dem drink whole heap a beer here and so I think I will give it up. </div></div>

I gave up beer 2 years ago, permanently

I drink probably 5 days a week so giving up likka is major for me. true test of willpower I just might have to do it to prove sumting to myself

why u give up beer? mi on (or was, sakea lent) on a search for the perfect beer with the right combination of bitterness and smoothness. i prefer beer to wine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why u give up beer? mi on (or was, sakea lent) on a search for the perfect beer with the right combination of bitterness and smoothness. i prefer beer to wine. </div></div>

I gave up beer because of the whole empty calorie thing