• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lenten Fast

Re: Lenten Fast

Hey MGee, I would think that it would be hard being around others eating, but I guess its all part of the sacrifice. Since I am not fasting (only the no meat Friday), I don't have any good tips for you, maybe those who are will come along with some. I would think you have to find a distraction, praying, reading, listening to music etc.

Yesterday at church we had a luncheon and invited a parishioner and he said since he fasted during the days of Lent he would pass on the offer, I guess when it can be avoided you can excuse yourself from those events? I use to have several co-workers who observed Ramadan and you didn't know unless you offered them something to eat and they declined, but they were surrounded by everyone else eating all the time. I don't know what my point is, I think I am saying it takes practice.

As you can see in my signature the Psalm I enjoy the most is Psalm 27.
    Psalm 27: The Lord is my Light and my Salvation whom shall I fear?