• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenten Fast

Re: Lenten Fast

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seemiyah</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> wonder if mi can give up Likka? is 40 days right?

hmmmmm I wonder.... </div></div>

I gave it up one year, I thought cho a nuh nutten cause me only drink when me out and me nah go no where, well is like everybody had a birthday party or some sort of celebration I was never invited out as much as during dem 40 days, I survived it though. I nearly drunk pon di communion wine Easter sunday it fly right up inna mi head.... I am thinking of giving up beer this year, cause since I move dem drink whole heap a beer here and so I think I will give it up. </div></div>

I gave up beer 2 years ago, permanently

I drink probably 5 days a week so giving up likka is major for me. true test of willpower I just might have to do it to prove sumting to myself </div></div>

me think u did do this already
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seemiyah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolical_Tanya
    wonder if mi can give up Likka? is 40 days right?

hmmmmm I wonder.... </div></div>

I gave it up one year, I thought cho a nuh nutten cause me only drink when me out and me nah go no where, well is like everybody had a birthday party or some sort of celebration I was never invited out as much as during dem 40 days, I survived it though. I nearly drunk pon di communion wine Easter sunday it fly right up inna mi head.... I am thinking of giving up beer this year, cause since I move dem drink whole heap a beer here and so I think I will give it up. </div></div>

I gave up beer 2 years ago, permanently

I drink probably 5 days a week so giving up likka is major for me. true test of willpower I just might have to do it to prove sumting to myself </div></div>

me think u did do this already
    that was for a week or two

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why u give up beer? mi on (or was, sakea lent) on a search for the perfect beer with the right combination of bitterness and smoothness. i prefer beer to wine. </div></div>

I gave up beer because of the whole empty calorie thing </div></div>
    feh. you've been brainwashed by the wine lobby. or is it the hard spirits lobby?
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why u give up beer? mi on (or was, sakea lent) on a search for the perfect beer with the right combination of bitterness and smoothness. i prefer beer to wine. </div></div>

Here in texas dem love Dos Equis XX I guess its closer to a Corona cause they serve it with lime? Work love to have lots of happy hours and they order pitchers of the stuff. I drink red stripe and Michelob ultra. For a dark beer I drink Killians and Negra Modelo...see why I giving up beer?

How dis poor Lenten thread turn into a beer thread? Father forgive us.......
    Psalm 27: The Lord is my Light and my Salvation whom shall I fear?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why u give up beer? mi on (or was, sakea lent) on a search for the perfect beer with the right combination of bitterness and smoothness. i prefer beer to wine. </div></div>

I gave up beer because of the whole empty calorie thing </div></div>
    feh. you've been brainwashed by the wine lobby. or is it the hard spirits lobby?
    </div></div>

both but man the hard spirts did a good ad campaign directed at the calorie counters

The church is actually advocating that adults Do something for lent, like volunteering for charity, visiting the sick,helping out someone etc. I think I am going to do that instead of giving up anything.

You beat me to it.

I usually do something for Lent as well, rather than give up something.
    a noble stroke he lifted high that hung not but swift with tempest fell On Satan's proud crest- no sight nor swift thought, less could his shield such ruin intercept; 10 paces huge he back recoil'd...

wat, is one thing oonu do througout lent, or is a series of different things? oonu know already what oonu gwine do?

I made the call today and told them I wanted to volunteer for the food pantry program that collects the food from parishoners that is given to the food bank. In addition to volunteering I will also donate food to the cause.

good stuff, SMY. when mi get back mi senses after a few days of the fast mi might try to do some community work as well.