• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Facial Cleansing Oils

A lot of facial cleansing oils are now on the market. Do you use them? What's your take?

My skin tends to be on the oily side but it dries out in the Winter. I moisturize day and night. Lately I've been using Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil. It's OK but I'm looking for other ideas

no I don't use them as my skin tends to be OILY but can also get dry depending on the cleanser I use.

(usually if my skin is really dry then the cleanser probably has harsh ingredients like sulphates etc)

anyhoo, I sometimes dab a bit of jojoba oil on certain ares of my skin before putting on a tinted moisturizer in the morning.

the trend was probably picked up from the european markets, though I had seen one or two products here and there prior to the full on trend
    . much like U.S. picked up the bb creams, now cc creams etc from the asian markets.

let us know how it work out for you.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

by the way Peas, dry heat/winter air indoors will dry out the skin as well, which is why some peeps use a cool mist humidifier in the winter, but mi cant badda wid all a dat yah man.

dat a just too much work and mi a nuh maggle
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

They have oil cleansers for OILY skin. And apparently the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) is The Authority on this stuff and has an almost cult-like following

Top of the list is castor oil. Too much of it will actually dry out your skin. One comment I read is to combine castor oil with hemp oil (1:10 ratio). As you rub the oil in your skin, it extracts blackheads, whiteheads, etc.. You rinse off with cool water, pat dry, then shazzam!

I've also been hearing a lot about Shu Uemura oils

Administrator
    How does using an oil during the cleansing phase work? Wouldn't oil counteract the cleansing process?

Forgive my ignorance...fuss time me a hear bout this.
    7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

first time me a hear bout oil for oily skin too.

I lather on coconut oil on my face at night and it definitely helps my extra dry skin, i dont know bout cleansing. Oh and is not the fancy organic expensive one either, i bought a bottle of regular coconut oil in JA bring it back and pour out likkle likkle in a container and mi set!
    Psalm 27: The Lord is my Light and my Salvation whom shall I fear?

Oil for oily skin

Some oils are not greasy so I imagine those are the ones for oily and acne-prone skin. Also, some oils have anti-biotic properties which can help heal blemished skin. Clove oil is one such oil.

I'm going to take stuff from some Internet sources that I think are trustworthy
    The oil your skin produces is much different than the pure plant oils in a facial product. Your skin starts pumping out sebum (the stuff that clogs pores and causes breakouts) when its oil content isn't balanced. So if you strip your skin's natural oils by over-cleansing, your body will actually produce more oil to compensate. But a quality face oil will replenish your skin with the essential fatty acids and moisture it needs. When balance is restored those overactive sebaceous glands take a breather, leaving skin healthier and clearer.

When buying a face oil, you really get what you pay for. Cheaper oil products often contain less refined, more processed ingredients with fillers and additives, whereas more expensive oils tend to be purer and more effective. Look for pure organic oils of rosehip, argan, jojoba, apricot kernel, avocado, macadamia nut, and calendula to get the most benefits. And remember, although a good face oil may seem pricey, it's highly concentrated, so a few drops go a long way.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2585759.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    How does using an oil during the cleansing phase work?
    You will need:
    • oil
    • warm face towel
    • warm damp cotton washcloth
    • warm water

Steps:
    1. Cleanse: Gently massage oil to your face for about 30 seconds
    2. Open pores: Apply warm towel to your face for about 30 seconds
    3. Remove oil: Lightly (do not scrub!) remove oil with washcloth
    4. If you used excess oil: Splash warm water on face and gently pat dry.

Quote Originally Posted by seemiyah View Post
    I lather on coconut oil on my face at night and it definitely helps my extra dry skin, i dont know bout cleansing. Oh and is not the fancy organic expensive one either, i bought a bottle of regular coconut oil in JA bring it back and pour out likkle likkle in a container and mi set!
    Sounds good. Me? I would use the expeller-pressed organic stuff.

Found this on the Internet too...

Why Coconut Oil Is Good For Your Skin

• It has antibacterial and antifungal properties (goodbye acne and eczema)
    • It won't change the pH of your face so it's not irritating
    • Lots and lots of antioxidants to help diminish fine lines and wrinkles
    • Great natural moisturizer
    • It tricks skin into thinking it has enough oil to slow down oil production while locking in the moisture.
    • It's been shown to work for all skin types although some people may be more prone to break outs using only coconut oil. If you break out then you can mix it with other oils like castor oil or jojoba oil.

Even celebrities use it! Heck yes, I want to look like Gisele Bundchen and Gwyneth Paltrow!! If it's good enough for them, then it's definitely good enough for me! Also, I found out that ancient nobility (Pharaohs, Roman Emperors) used natural oils commonly for skin cleaning and moisturizing. If oil is good enough for models, celebrities, and ancient royalty, then I suppose it's good enough for me. {wink}