• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Jamaican Dog Sled Team

Today I am on my way to the races and the Jamaican team will be represented!

Here is the Jamaican team up in the Yukon

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xE-soCRPMxs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xE-soCRPMxs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

and here they are in Jamaica!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z0qoSumNa7U&amp;feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z0qoSumNa7U&amp;feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Watch for pics later!

Re: Jamaican Dog Sled Team

here is some fine reading on the Jamaican sled dog team in their blog. Musher newton recently completed one of the toughest races in the world, Yukon Quest in 13th place. A stellar performance which was only outdone by Newton winning the coveted &quot;Spirit of the Yukon award for “exemplifying the spirit of the Yukon Quest”

Read all about it here!

<span style="font-size: 17pt">I love this, thanks so much for sharing!</span>

TSmall you MUST go visit the team headquarters! I beg yuh. This is such a wonderful organization! The fact that they are doing so well and are so respected in the mushing community for the care they give their dogs is phenomenal. The dogs in Jamaica are adopted from the animal shelters and they do much good for the Jamaican SPCA.

In fact, check this from their blog...

<span style="font-style: italic">From the sun-kissed beaches and tropical paradise of Jamaica comes a story of second chances. Rescued from the mean streets and animal shelters of Kingston, 12 stray dogs are trained to be the stars of Jamaica’s first dog sled racing team. The crew, spearheaded by pop superstar Jimmy Buffett, brings the unlikely meeting of a traditionally snow-bound sport to the sand and surf.

But it is not just the dogs that are given a second chance. The team’s dog mushers are given the opportunity of a lifetime as they cultivate their love of animals while receiving an education and traveling the world.

Together this motley, mutt-ley crew is winning hearts AND winning races.

MUSH MON!</span>

Read about it here

Read the blog...

Here

Re: Jamaican Dog Sled Team... PICS!

Anyway today was awesome! I got to meet Robb before the races and have a little chat with him. I won't get into too much detail as I'm working on an article with SistahD of an interview I did with Robb this morning, so that will come later.

I will be back tomorrow but here is Robb

OK my website or my computer is giving me fits, I have to go reboot and come back with a couple more pics.

soon come

Here are the other two pics I got today. I will be there tomorrow morning to get a few more, hopefully. I will also stick around and see how the Robb did in the standings for the awards celebration. last year he came in 7th.

Dishwasher

Wicked...Jamaica is dominating winter sports...in a few year...just give us time...
    Out of Many One People Online
    http://www.jamaicans.com

It is wicked! I just edited the first post in this thread. In my haste to get out the door this morning I didn't realize I posted the same youtube twice. The edited Yukon youtube is worth watching!

I am looking forward to seeing the team again tomorrow morning and I will have my camera!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xavier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wicked...Jamaica is dominating winter sports...in a few year...just give us time... </div></div>

Imagine what they could accomplish if Jamaica had snow!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nanook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    </div></div>

Looks like he is enjoying the warmer temps compared to the past few weeks!

<span style="font-style: italic">How they get the dogs into the cages at the top??</span>