• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Switzerland

Switzerland

I need some info from someone who has flown into Zurich. Please feel free to send me a PM if you have.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Re: Switzerland

Never flew in but drove the areas and it was absolutely beautiful! Carry hiking boots if you plan to take in some mountain scenery... extremely beautiful country.

Administrator

I have many times. What sort of information do you need?

I can tell you that they have issues with Germany (near by) not allowing their arrivals over their territory due to noise, which creates some strange flight patterns.

Because of this they often have to use the shortest runway for arrivals. Which means mi affi draw brake pretty hard.

Airport is nice. Except the train you take to baggage claim has cows moo'ing inna it. Most ppl laff, but after x amount of times you heard it the moo'ing gets annoying.

They have a train that takes you from the airport to anywhere in the country which is very convenient. Airport is in the bush, the city is bout 20min away.

Compray

is wha do yuh

mi nearly bruk mi toe runnin in yah fi see Magix's report on Switzerland

why yuh neva post dis in GD?
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

BOAL Woman mi juss come offa serious prayer line and yuh mek mi buss out a laugh.

I thought this was the appropriate place to post it. I promise to give you a preview before I do a trip report.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

You sort of answered one...airport is in the bush. I wanted to know about hotels by the airport but I don't want to stay in any bush bush.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SandiF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never flew in but drove the areas and it was absolutely beautiful! Carry hiking boots if you plan to take in some mountain scenery... extremely beautiful country. </div></div>

Thanks SandiF...I'm looking forward.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which means mi affi draw brake pretty hard. </div></div>
    You a pilot?

I still haven't enjoyed the full benefits of living in Europe yet. Went there(ZŁrich) by train a few years back for performances.

The little harbour in the city reminded me of home a bit, but I was homesick anyways

Administrator

Yes Sukuna.

I like Zurich's setting with the lake and the hills. It's a cozy little town really and not a big city.

Although I think the country is very scenic and beautiful, I find the majority of the Swiss to be rude and outta order. Everytime mi go there a Swiss smaddy causes vexation and mi nuh business with dem again.

One time mi de inna de hotel a nyam free breakfast. Me and a few other crewmembers. Well breakfast finish at 1030AM wich is fine cause we done eat. Now we just drinking tea/coffee and letting the food sekkle before we push out.

At exactly 1030AM the waiter comes and kicks us out while tapping his watch! Which we all interpreted as 'this is the last call for food' as that's what they normally do before they close. No! This man was telling us to leave. So mi tell him we jus going finish fi wi tea an then we gone. Him start tapping his watch again come in like it a bruk or sintin and seh wi affi leave NOW!

Bright and outta orda! And this kinda attitude is prevalent in Switzerland. Dem is obsessed with time. And them is rude and have no people skills. And don't you dare say good morning to a stranger! Dem is liable fi get a heart attack!

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Compray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You sort of answered one...airport is in the bush. I wanted to know about hotels by the airport but I don't want to stay in any bush bush. </div></div>

I can send you the info for the hotel we stay at.
    It's near the airport and there's nothing around it though.

However they have a free shuttle to the airport, and from there you can take a train to the city (20min).

Check your PM later on today.