• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator

ok since we confessing....

i have to confess that even doah mi bawn and grow a Jamaica (left Jamica when i was 26) i cant talk patwa ( i have a Jamaican accent but don't speak patwa)
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Re: ok since we confessing....

i confess (once again) to my dislike of all things curried and jerked, or anyting wid peppa for that matter.

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

you're from that age group/social class where it was verboten to speak patwa?
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

so you confession is that you is high class???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have to confess that even doah mi bawn and grow a Jamaica (left Jamica when i was 26) i cant talk patwa ( i have a Jamaican accent but don't speak patwa) </div></div>

that's ok....don't feel a way. Neither could nite nurse.
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i confess (once again) to my dislike of all things curried and jerked, or anyting wid peppa for that matter.

</div></div>
    strickly brown stew?
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you're from that age group/social class where it was verboten to speak patwa? </div></div>
    I was thinking the other day about the first correction my father gave to me.

'Na say um, say it'

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have to confess that even doah mi bawn and grow a Jamaica (left Jamica when i was 26) i cant talk patwa ( i have a Jamaican accent but don't speak patwa) </div></div>

at least I had to come to america to learn patois

( mi learn it in mi sista patty shop )
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have to confess that even doah mi bawn and grow a Jamaica (left Jamica when i was 26) i cant talk patwa ( i have a Jamaican accent but don't speak patwa) </div></div> That must be kind a common. finny thing was that they never forbade me from speaking it,but nobody at home,and veryfew in my ummudiate circle spoke it fluently. But the problem I jave is that Americans have not been able to recognize my accent. some refuse to believe that I am jamaican. that some tomes unclude Jamaicans though.
    until I prove that I know more wbout jamaica than them.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i confess (once again) to my dislike of all things curried and jerked, or anyting wid peppa for that matter.

</div></div>you should qualify that wid &quot;even doah yuh bawn and grow a Jamaica&quot;
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....