• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: ok since we confessing....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gourmet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which parish has the most patwa? </div></div>

de one wid de moas people? </div></div>
    awoah. mi ting ud a go call up wi parish name, o lord long have we laboured under the stigma of chatbaddishness.
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have to confess that even doah mi bawn and grow a Jamaica (left Jamica when i was 26) i cant talk patwa ( i have a Jamaican accent but don't speak patwa) </div></div> That must be kind a common. finny thing was that they never forbade me from speaking it,but nobody at home,and veryfew in my ummudiate circle spoke it fluently. But the problem I jave is that Americans have not been able to recognize my accent. some refuse to believe that I am jamaican. that some tomes unclude Jamaicans though.
    until I prove that I know more wbout jamaica than them. </div></div>
    I'm with you guys on this one (we were 'forbidden' from speaking it at home, though my siblings are fully &quot;bilingual&quot; now).
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gourmet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which parish has the most patwa? </div></div>

All Parishes have their own versions, but Kingston and Montego Bay for obvious reason must be the places with the most varied.
    <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Cow foot, cow skin, and any parts of the cow that isn't steak-looking makes me cringe and I can't swallow boiled dumpling.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge; others just gargle.</span> Unknown

<span style="font-weight: bold">We must blame them for the cause of fuss, before somebody thinks of blaming us.</span>

Administrator

I canfess seh mi neba learn fi write patois till mi stawt poas pon ya

I also confess seh mi could nat and still cannot stand mackerel
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gourmet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which parish has the most patwa? </div></div>

de one wid de moas people? </div></div>
    awoah. mi ting ud a go call up wi parish name, o lord long have we laboured under the stigma of chatbaddishness. </div></div>

wi chat good.. ah deh ress ah dem doah know how fi chat prapa!!!!
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gourmet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which parish has the most patwa? </div></div>yu mean worst patwa? St Elizabeth an some parts of St Catherine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I canfess seh mi neba learn fi write patois till mi stawt poas pon ya

I also confess seh mi could nat and still cannot stand mackerel </div></div>

ditto.

is ongly recently me start use patwa in email and on fb
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Tanya, I guess I meant the most difficult to understand version of patwa. St. Elizabeth then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gourmet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tanya, I guess I meant the most difficult to understand version of patwa. St. Elizabeth then. </div></div> yes dem an St Ann has the best